Just been diagnosed with Blepharitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

I've recently just been diagnosed with blepharitis. She thinks it may be to do with blocked glands and bacteria from the skin. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice/tips? My main problem is red skin, swelling, eye bags which may be swelling under the eye too (not sure) and loss of eyelashes. 

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have the same problem, start with hot compress to unblock glands there are some easy to use eye masks available. Although NOT recommended for eyes, I have used wet ones in the red topped packs and now rarely have any symptoms, I do find make up aggravates so now use very little. Have tried honey, baby oil, and many others but wet ones are the only thing that stopped the agony. Good luck
  • Posted

Hello!

i also use Wet Ones several times a day. In addition, I wash my lids with Dr Booner’s Tea Tree Castile soap in the morning and before I go to bed. I do not dilute the soap for my eyes, but could be diluted based on the sensitivity of your skin.

As mentioned by others, you must be persistent and patient! It might take several months to see total remission.

• Posted

Hi guys! Thank you for your recommendations! Literally gutted I have this but I guess it could be worse, going to give the tea tree ago and the wet ones. Do you know where I buy these from?

Also did anyone else suffer from really bad eye bags? They seem to have gotten worse in the last two weeks and it's ruined my confidence 😩

• Posted

Hi, I found relief years ago from this awful condition when I tried a shampoo prescribed for seborrheic dermatitis, it is called Capasal, I was suffering from dermatitis at the time but noticed this shampoo used around the eye area gradually improved the blepharitis, other medications such as Metrogel had made no difference.  I use it every morning in a warm/hot shower paying attention to clean around the eye area carefully.  It is available on the net for about £8 a bottle.  One person on this forum replied that their pharmacist told them that the product was not for blepharitis but was for seborrheic dermatitis, we know that but I am saying, in my case at least, it fixed the blepharitis and can say in my case it is 95% cured.  I no longer have the symptoms you describe, sometimes after a very long day get the itchy eyes, best thing is to get your head down and shower with this stuff in the morning, has to be worth a try and it won't hurt you.  I get mine on  repeat prescription so costs me nothing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.