Just been diagnosed with LS can’t cope

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I’ve only this week have been diagnosed with LS. 2 white patches appeared and they were freaking me out. Have been researching frantically thought it might be Vitiligo. Nhs appoint was taking weeks to come thou on that choose and book. So went privately, biopsy results clearly shown that a suffer from classic LS. 

I’m only in my 30’s well closer to 40 then anything. 

I can’t bleive they don’t have a cure for this vile disease. 

Basically I don’t know what soaps, shower gels to use, don’t ppl say no sugar sum say it’s ok.

Any help advice would really help. 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sadly i think many of the Ladies on here have possibly had this LS for many years without knowing or understanding it.

I look back and feel i have and keeping lubricating with coconut oil or petroleum jelly and gently massage it in not just throw on top has helped me.

Also a great tip from a lady here i carry a spray bottle of bicarb and water and douce after every time i pass urine , this also has helped .

Although a lot older than yourself it has upset that we are having to manage this ourselves .

All i can say to you is i have cut out dairy as i feel that my lifelong exzema and hayfever are connected.

You will get through this lets stick together 😘 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.