Just been diagnosed with MD - what do other people do to help their symptoms???

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi there,

Im 24 years old and was diagnosed with MD start of this month after having 3 bad virtigo attacks, all ending up with me in hospital injected with strong meds and put on a IV drip, vomiting 6 - 9 times, ringing ears, cant walk etc etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what to try to stop the ringing, fullness in ears, tinnitus, headaches and virtigo???

So far im taking gingko, vit b5 and b6, doing acupunture, starting yoga today and also chiropractor booked for next week....

i dont know anyone else with MD and found my EnT not so helpful so would love to hear other peoples stories, ideas etc who suffer with the awful MD! Just feel a little alone at the moment... and found this website which is looking very helpful.

Im over feeling like rubbish every single day!!!! The headaches, virtigo, ringing in the ear, blocked ear and have also lost half the hearing in the left ear.

thank you smile

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You don't need all that unless you want to. I just take over the counter meclizine. Ask your pharmacist to order the chewables 100 CT bottle. It's made by rugby. You can either take it 2-3 times a day or as needed. It's up to you . Make sure you get meclizine chewables not any other kind. Its only 5-6 dollars per bottle. Publix has them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.