Just been diagnosed with PMR, help with reducing stiffness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

i am a 47yo male recently diagnosed with PMR and currently 3 weeks in from starting the medication. initially once proscribed with prendnisolone the sharp pain i was feeling in my arms and legs disappered within a few hours of initial first dose but every morning when i wake up my arms and legs are very stiff and don't loosen up until mid afternoon. i was a pretty active person prior to diagnose doing hill walking, mtb and road cycling so being now debilitated from the condition i am struggling with work and family commitments. any tips in helping with the stiffness and if diet helps would be appreciated

Paul

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I've been on Prednisolone for almost a year now for PMR. From my own experience I can tell you that the siffness and pain do both improve with time although through the night and mornings tend to be the worst times and I've never been completely free of pain in the very early mornings. I actually managed to get back out on my bike after a month or so and back into the gym after about 4 months, but there was always an element of pain and my exercise and training have all gone down the swannee river for the moment due to a flare up which has pretty much put me back at square one. Running through a daily stretch routine helps a bit if you can manage it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.