Just been diagnosed with this Pilonidal Sinus.....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, just been diagnosed with this but after reading a good few posts on here iam not looking forward to what comes next.  I also seem to be the odd one out being aged 50 and first time diagnosed, not sure what to expect.  

I have read that most people have had pus etc. but mine just continually bleeds, especially when going to the toilet the back of the seat gets covered in blood.  Has anyone else had this constant bleeding??

I thank you for your time.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In my case it was both blood and pus. So don't need to worry too much on this! May be you can show this to a doctor as well if you think bleeding is excessive but those two are inter-twined in this ailment. 

To stop bleeding for the time being you can apply turmeric powder on the infected area as that heals the wound section so that no more blood and pus comes out (temporarily).

Telling you from my personal experience, I had this cyst detected in May 2014 and had my operation in Dec 2014. I couldn't do it in between due to office commitments but the pus and blood started coming out. My mother suggested turmeric due to its great healing capabilities for wounds and with pain, blood and pus I realized taking medicines for this long won't make sense. I applied it for 4-5 days and the wound was closed and made me endure the duration in between. I am telling you this as you may not get your operation date immediately and in the interim you can use turmeric powder paste by dipped some of turmeric powder in water and apply it in the infected area.

Also I have heard salt water baths are effective for the wounded region. 

Also avoid wearing anything tight or also jeans. Wear loose and comfortable clothes and dark colored under-garments. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the links as they were to sites unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

If you have not had a surgery and your bledding constantly you must go to the emergency department. The first time I bleed a lot, a doctor in the emergency room told me that it was due to inflammation; which means that the area is infected. In my case, I had to go to surgery the day after my visit to the ER. 
  • Posted

Have you gotten the surgery yet or you're still awaiting the surgery. If you've already gotten the surgery and THERES all that blood I would see a doctor about it. If you're still going to get the surgery then you'll have to deal with it until the surgery. If your haven't booked a surgery do so ASAP. I've had this for about a year and a half now. It healed in the first 2 months but after that it kept opening up again.
  • Posted

Not been diagnosed, but pretty sure this may be my problem. 2 days ago I was very sore and felt a lump. I soaked in epsom salts (thought I probably had an abscess). I also applied heating pad. That night before bed, got up to go to bathroom and had no soreness. Found bloody fluid. Then just blood. Stopped, but bled more tonight. I have lots to do this week. Think I can wait till next week to see doc?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.