just been dignosed with bile salt malabsorpsion, any one else have this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was diagnosed last month, after suffering for years on an off diarrhoea weight loss , bloating ,, wind, depression anxiety, mouth ulcers, tiredness, unexplained pain, bad menstrual pain. My go referred me for tests and Fri I am having biopsy for celiac disease.  As you can imagine I have been struggling and just to finally be taken seriously , I hope to get sorted and get some answers. I am scared to eat for fear of not being able to leave the house. 

it would be great to talk with other who know how I feel. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi lottigirl

I am sorry for how you are feeling, but I have never heard of what you have, and all I can give you is support if you need it and to wish you that all turns out to be negetive when you have your biopsy for celiac disease on friday.smileconfused

• Posted

Thank you angela07780 i am grateful for your reply. smile 

Well that's the endoscopy over, it seems my small intestine is inflamed and I have acid reflux too. Need to wait 2 weeks for biopsy results now. 

• Posted

My biopsy results are clear, but I have been told this doesn't always mean there is no sensitivity to gluten. I have been prescribed omeprazole one tablet a day for 6 weeks to help with the reflux. I spoke with the Secretary 're results so she said the letter from my consultant would be more informative, so wait for that. So still none wiser what has caused my bile salt malabsorpsion?  
  • Posted

Hi sorry for late reply, the biopsy was clear but I am sensitive to wheat products and many more foods so I am now under a dietician and following a FODMAP diet and see when I go back in Oct how this are then. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.