Just been prescribed Orlistat and wondering about snacks..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

Just b een prescribed Orlistat and after reading some stuff on this forum I've found that:

- No more than 15g of fat in one meal

- No more than 30g fat per day.

Am I correct with this?

With regards to snacks, say a chocolate bar or packet of crisps - am I allowed one every now and then and if so, do I need to take a tablet with it? The same with healthy snacks - a piece of fruit or something is that the same or am I not allowed any snacks at all?

My nurse didn't really get into any sort of detail!

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Kind regards

Kat

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take my tablets with my meals not the snacks yes there is quite a few things we can have just try not to go over to much on fat intake as it will come out the oher end
    • Posted

I agree with everything fat fairy has said... I am on day 12 I think.. Lost 8.5 so far. I am pleased so far. It took me about 5 days to work out what I was eating, how much fat was in there l- as I was cook alot from scratch and just assumed that most of it was low in fat but didn't actually know the fat content.. So for a few days I did have side effects, but now no side effects what so ever xx... Hope you get on well!
    • Posted

Blimey 8.5 in 12 days?! I hope I lose the same! I'm guessing it all depends on your starting weight too? I'm happy that I just found out that bagels only have 2g of fat!
    • Posted

I was 14.10, and 5ft1...that also included 2 glasses of wine.. But this week No alcohol! Good luck x
  • Posted

Hi, it's 15g per meal, 45g a day but NOTHING over 5g per 100g.

If u have crisp and chocolate u will poo yrsrlf!!! You must not eat any high fat food at all. These tablets stop the fat and if u eat it your body gets rid of it!

I never had more than 10g per meal so u can use extra for healthy snacks.

All these tablets do is stop u eating crap cause of the side effects.

• Posted

Thank you! Just needed clarification! A little bit clearer now smile
    • Posted

Hi, I have just started with my first Blue Pill today and looking forward to the journey into jeans! Your comment on fat amounts is really helpful fatfairy biggrin I have long way to go and lots to learn, this forum is great - have been researching like crazy but nothing beats your experienced words of wisdom x
    • Posted

Lol bless u. I found out by reading everything I could! Stick to it and the weight will drop off. I was loosing a stone. Monthsmile 5 stone in total smile
    • Posted

Wow, very cool, here's hoping!!!!! - ThankYou! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.