Just been prescribed zopiclone 7.5mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've suffered really bad anxiety for 2 years now but it's got so bad I can't sleep at all,I'm already on 160mg propranolol every day and I also take 100mg amitriptyline at night but I still can't sleep.  I've just been prescribed zopiclone 7.5mg and I'm wondering if I should just take half tonight as this is the first night 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take the 7.5mgs it sounds like you need a good nights sleep .see how you go then halve it the next night if you feel  you don't it 
  • Posted

I took the whole tablet the first 2 nights to get back to myself, no sleep for several days is bound to have had its effect on you. From then on Ive been trying not to take it every night. I tend to drift off at first then wake up 2 or 3 hrs later and take half to get me through the rest of the night. This works for me. They taste a bit funny if they are cut in half but still work fine. They will last longer this way and fingers crossed less chance of getting dependant on them x
  • Posted

I don't know what you body's reaction to zoplicone is, but coming from my experience, be very, very cautious about this medication. The doctors used to say it was non-addictive. I found it to be extremely so. Do everything you can think of to fall asleep naturally. Google sleep hygiene. I didn't start abusing zoplicone until I was on it for 3 years. But I eventually abused it on and off for 10 years. I lost years of my life, and almost lost my marriage over this
  • Posted

I think laws have changed on this and the doctor has made it very clear that he won't prescribe it for more than a month. It is not a long term option but it can help you through some particularly bad times. I'm very cautious of it but my insomnia is so bad at times I can't function and it has really helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.