Just been put on duloxtine what do people think of it

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve only on second tablets at the moment I am feeling much worse 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When i first went on it i came off Sertraline and i was suicidal. However it seems to be doing its job for the Fybromyalgia and Major Depressive disorder. It just takes times to kick in.. The only side effects so far are Anxiety. Tiredness and urinating too much but the pain is much better. Hope you do ok.

• Posted

rushys, did you find it a little hard on your stomach for the first hour or so?  I did.  But unlike most antidepressants, I actually lost almost 10 lbs.  Unlike Zoloft which they gave me when I was in a flare for anxiety, I could definitely fleel mentally when the Cymbalta wore off and felt a little sad.  But is worked so so well for my arthritis.    Do you know if you can take sinus medication while on it.  That was another reason I went off. I was having sinus headaches and didn't know if I could take a decongestant/tylenol. There seem to be so many drugs you cannot take with the Cymbalta.

• Posted

I was put on it recently too.  I have Ulcerative Colitis and the arthritis that goes with it and autoimmune diseases. I cannot take NSAIDS and tyllenol does nothing.  The Cymbalta worked so well for my arthritis I couldn't believe it.  However after going to many forums I read how it was the hardest thing go come off of next toe Effexor.  I also take Vynance for ADD.   When I went off the Cymbalta the pain returned within 3 days.  The Doctor put me on Gabapentin.  While the Gaba helped even out the Vyvance it does not compare  to Cymbalta with pain.  Every day when my back, knees , fingers and arms hurt, I think about going back on the Cymbalta.  I did find that when it wore off I seemed a little depressed and I am not on it for depression. But boy did it help with the pain.  I felt 10 years younger physically.  When I woke up this morning I could not even move my fingers at first, then had to do some exercises just to get them moving. Back is the worst.  It also scared me that I heard it was so liver toxic.  But every day I think about going back on it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.