Just been told I have a vaginal prolapse

Posted , 14 users are following.

Been told have a vaginal prolapse not sure what that quite means but now they are sending me to check my uretha can anyone tell me why when I walk feel as though everything is falling down help please scared and very upset

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Weesue,

I to have been recently diagnosed with this. If to think 9f a sock, imagine it slowly turning inside out. That's what's going on inside us right now. Mine is visible when I sit or lay. I feel heavy, and feel like I'm constantly tense because I'm always trying to hold it all in. It's mortifying.

I've been offered surgery, but am getting a second opinion next week. I fear it will be the same. I also am sure that my bladder is falling. I've been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis too. Together the two are running g my life.

• Posted

Hi Lady, welcome to our forum, dont be frightened about the surgery as our of life improves and all the uncomfort that you are experiencing at the moment will be behind you. Can I suggest that you start a new discussion on this forum as more of our lovely ladies will see it and you will be provided with lots of support and information. I think one of the biggest worries is the fear of the unknown but you are now in the right place here with us, all of whom have experienced or are experiencing prolapse problems kind regards Kath
    • Posted

Hi lady I feel like that some days as can't do normal life and have to stop doing things half way through. I'm just taking one day at a time will gO to the doctors next week if doesn't improve but I got pysio on Friday.hope your son had as loverlybirthday xxmines is next week no surprise won't be doing anything as get to sore lol happy dayts

• Posted

Sorry it cookie who's son celebrated his birthday omg I'm all over there place today x

• Posted

Hi Weesue, thanks honey, my son and we all had a great night,Lots of people and we had a pig on a spit which turned out so yummy.... Not so long ago I would have been up most of the night but was in bed at 1am, meanwhile full blown party rocking around our house but nope me fast asleep, goes to show the op and repairs are still taking its toll on me. Still on recovery mode today so very tired and bottom bits are aching probably from carrying some heavy trays of meat. Its moments like those that I can see how easy we could inadvertantly muck up our surgeries. All in all a great night but Im pleased thats the last of my four kids 21st. We are raising our little granddaughter whom is now 6, had her since she was 14 months so Ive got a big gap until the next 21st we will have to arrange. whew. xxxx
    • Posted

Sounds like you had a great time . I'm of to pysio tomorrow see what they say kinda scared but well has to be done holding they can set me on the right road xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Weesue, It may pay to take a note book with you and have written down all you would like to discuss with the pysio so you dont forget anything. Maybe reread some of the older posts you have put on here which will help you remember any points you want to raise. I think some of the other ladies have also written down what the doctors and physios tell them so they can keep it fresh in their minds. Its a good thing this appointment as its part of the journey you are going on. End of this journey Weesue is a fixed and more comfortable you smile  I was having horrible issues before my op in Sept and now Im so much more happier which all going well you will be too. Will wait to find out how you get on if you wish to share. Good luck xxxx

• Posted

Been to physio three times now and the lady is lovely . had a scan as bladder wasntvworkog right but its emptying better now . now if the IBS and bowel would work right I probably wouldn't get as sore . but nope that bowel doesn't like me at all. I was having a bit of a better time then it all wentbpear shaped last week was really bad this weekend have rested all weekend . so hopefully this week will be better . got the pessary clinic on Wednesday see how I go from there as wedding at the end of the month xxxx

• Posted

Hello

I was just at my gp and she diagnosed me with prolapse didnt know what organ most likely bladder ,I am very upset and crying. she told me to do kegel exercises ... what should i do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.