Just began Betahistine and have a question about possible side effects.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had Meniere's Disease for many years and my otolaryngologist recently suggested I try Betahistine. I have some questions:

1. Is the effect cumulative or does it start to help right away
  2. Have any of you experienced side effects?
  3. For the past two days I experienced something I've never had before: vibrations on the bottom of one foot that lasts for several hours. Are any of you familiar with this?

Thank you for any suggestions you have. I am so appreciative of this helpful forum.

Naomi

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

betahistine takes some time ot get into your system ...never had a side effect from it......im on 16 1 per day i was on 2 per day but was able to cut back.....as far as the foot thats possibly unrelated..im not a doctor but are you sitting standing more than usual?....drinking water? excercising?.....

• Posted

Hey Naomi,

betahistine takes 2-3 weeks to kick in.

I have been on 24mg every 8 hours since 2017 with zero side effects.

all the best 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.