Just came of sertraline and this is what I have experienced

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on 50mg of sertraline for just over a year.

Me and my partner are trying for a baby so I thought this was the safest option.

I have experienced all the side effects you google.

Nightmares, shaking , mood swings, hot and cold. I have electric shocks / tingels on all the right hand side of my body including face ( i was a bit scared with this one thought that can't be related to coming of the tablets.) But when looking up it is.

These symptoms lasted for around 2 weeks was hard but I feel 100x better now. The only other thing what's happened which I can't see anybody else writing. Is my period hasn't come. ( and I am not pregnant ). Has anybody else had this happen ?.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jessica ,

Are you now off the sertraline or still on the 50mg ? Is it safe for pregnancy at this small dose ? I'm asking as I'm looking at trying for a baby over the next few months and I'm also on 50mg xx hope your doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.