Just curious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is it normal for a lymph node that was once painful, and after taking antibiotics it is not painful no more?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, before taking antibiotics my lymph nodes were so painful I couldnt let go of it them. They were also twitching. After taking antibiotics for a few days, the pain went away but it was still swollen. That's kind of the whole point of taking antibiotics.
    • Posted

Oh hey! Did you find out what was happening with your symptoms? I think you commented on my other posts.
    • Posted

Haha, no not really. My doctor sent me for a renal ultrasound, blood test, chest x-ray, and thyroid ultrasound. My lymph node swelling has gone down but excessive bloatiing and stomach cramps are still hereThe renal ultrasound is cause of my doctor thinks my blood pressure is too high, which i disagree cause i am always nervous when i get my blood pressure checked at the doctor's. Chest x-ray came out fine and im guessing blood test. My doc, is looking more closely at the thyroid ultrasound, she says my thyroid seems big (most likely a hyperactive thyroid). But, yeah im feeling so much better. smile
    • Posted

I'm glad that you're doing better, as for meI just cant stop touching them! The night sweats aren't that often as I dont really sweat as much at night now. The swollen lymph node is so difficult to tell if it has gone down. Recently went to the doctors to check on my nodes and he wasn't that concerned. O just really want my swollen lymph node gone. I feel great no fatigue. appetite is good and everything! Maybe it's because I keep touching them. Did you keep touching yours? or constantly checking if they have gone down? Can that make it more swollen and stay more longer?
    • Posted

Yeah my glands took a month to settle down. And yeah, I kept on touching them. Every hour I would go in front of the mirror and check on them and poke at them. I can't even describe the pain, ha. Yes, the more you touch them, the more you would aggravate them and cause them to take more time to heal. Also, you don't have any symptoms. That's good. If you experience any other symptoms, then that means you should be worried. So if you don't have anything else except for those annoying lymph nodes than its fine. In addition, you should be worried if the lymph nodes increased in size over time. If they stay the same size, than there's nothing to worry about. Some people's glands would be swollen for months. Sometimes its normal.
    • Posted

And that means your body is doing a great job on fighting off any sickness. (The swollen lymph nodes)
    • Posted

It feels the same size, at one point it felt smaller. It's not noticable unless I pointed it to you. There's still some redness to it. When I touch it it's soft. I can move it. I still have the fear of it cancer but I just had a recent infection. So I just don't know. I will try not to touch them.
    • Posted

If it was cancer, then it would feel like a rock and you wouldn't be able to move it. Also, the cancer might have spread to your throat before your lymph nodes. So, softness and it being movable is a good sign. You also said that you had a recent infection, which sometimes cause a swollen gland. Your gland would probably go down. I first thought that mine was cancer too, but, its like 1 in a 100 chance, and blood tests came out normal (yours did too), so both of us don't have to worry about cancer or anything serious. smile
    • Posted

And yeah..try not to touch it. Just distract yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.