Just Curious

Posted , 6 users are following.

has anyone tried sticking to a natural diet? fruit, veggies, meat, beans water? no dairy (this is what triggers my HS) , no sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol or drugs?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've tried it for 2 months and saw no change. Only change I saw was weight loss 

• Posted

Stick to the others, but please avoid meat... Today's meat is full with diseases.

• Posted

YES. AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY FLARES. FOR ME, my triggers are too much sugar, potatoes, paprika, stress, or not getting enough sleep. HOPE THIS HELPS

• Posted

Hello, I have had HS for 20 years now. Wow...that’s crazy how long it’s been. I was 12 years old when I first noticed the problem. I hid it for years. It got much worse. When I finally went to a doctor they didn’t know what it was and prescribed antibiotics. Finally in my early 20s a doctor diagnosed me with HS. But again just prescribed me antibiotics. It was years of research and figuring out what triggered it in me. I tried staying off of dairy for a year. Nope that wasn’t it. I finally got the inkling sugar might be the cause. Sure enough it was! Since cutting that out of my diet my HS hasn’t come back. But if I give in, it does. For me as long as I’m not eating refined sugar I’m good. If a product has less than 10g I’ve discovered I’m ok. Also I get this question a lot. What about fruit? That’s perfectly ok for me. I do feel lucky that’s it. Trying to cut out more is really hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.