Just Diagnosed 🤦🏻‍♀️😥😥

Posted , 6 users are following.

Although i am gwtting to grips with my treatment plan , i am so glad to have joined this group and see how you wonderful ladies are coping .

Can i ask re urination I pass water frequently as i do have a healthy dietand drink a lot .But sadly this makes me sore 😬

Also I am afraid about the demise or non existance of my sex life due to it being uncomfortable , sore and bleeding due to tearing 😥😥😥

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, ref weeing you do need to rinse after going with either clear water or have a spritz bottle with a little bicarb soda dissolved in it. You should find that eases the stinging. You could follow up with coconut oil as an emolient and a bit of a barrier to urine. As regards your love life, You need patience until you get some healing done then lots of lubrication! You do need your partner to understand and be gentle.Good luck.
    • Posted

Very early on before diagnosis and my own  attempts  i tried bicarb in the bath .

Do you think it helps in water to wash ? 

Demol 500 seems to have been my saviour 🤗

• Posted

Hello Susan

Having just been diagnosed with this sneaky painful ugly L👹S condition Would I be correct it has taken some time getting a diagnosis ?? 

I am pleased you found this forum 😊 there is a whole Army of Wo / men who are in various stages of the LS journey, so you will be in good company for support n advice 🙏🏻

It is often helpful at the beginning to know where in the 🌏 you are and your age 🤭 

Personally I am nearly 68 and was finally diagnosed 18 years ago with LS.  Lots of those years there have been long periods of remission 🙏🏻

I now keep treatment very simple.  Like you healthy diet.  No sugar, dairy, processed foods or red meat.  All of which are heat producing foods that LS and other auto immune system conditions thrive on.  

I bought a bidet from Amazon (?? It )  wash in Dermol 500 after poo 💩   After wee just dab gently with tissue.   

Betnovate ointment is my go to if any stinging or tears. Dermovate I found too intense made matters worse, for me.  

I bath in Dead Sea salt  good for overall health probably twice a week. Shower daily and always use Dermol 500   

Also use Borax (1 teaspoon in about 2 litres of water have a little soak, usually after 💩  maybe twice a week.  Just being mindful of bacteria. 

Susan all of the above are things I do to keep vagina in working order.  There Probably will be adjustments made for sex. sometimes penetrative sex is possible 😊sometimes it isn’t  🤷???

It is a question of trial and error dealing with LS on an individual basis. We are all at different stages and needs.  

Remember Susan LS is manageable on lots of levels it may just take a little time n patience to get the right treatment formula that works for you sweet heart 

Love n peas ??🙏🏻X

• Posted

Thank you so much for your lovely warm reply 🤗

Also yes i have realised that LS like other nasty skin complaints is trial and error😬

Also very much an individual thing also with what actually works best for you 😉

Yes its been a long saga as you can imagine . 

But i really appreciate this site and everyones input 😘😘

• Posted

For me it works, just now I largely have it under control and I manage with the rinsing and oil plus Eumovate ( a mild steroid used most days. I haven't used Dermol so can't compare. The bicarb in cold water has an immediate cooling effect which I find good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.