JUST DIAGNOSED 28YR OLD FEMALE

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, id like to share my experience with UC. I had a little blood when i wentto the toile last September..I just ignored it...it gradually got alot worse.In november I finally plucked up the courage to go see about it as After a month or of passing blood i was getting very worried...so i noticed more, and more...then  Blood and mucus in stools, I have bowel movements around 4 times a day...however not much pain at all (i guess im one of the lucky ones). I get clots of blood too and am up around 2/3am every morning passing blood..dark!! I FINALLY went to the doctors(november 2014) and got a series of blood tests which all came back "normal" I had to go for the awful  Flexible Sigmoidoscopy which i opted out of sedation...i just wanted it over and done with!! It wasnt the best experience and i cant believe I went through it fully concious! this was just (jan 2015) and my bowel is very inflamed, and they have diagnosed me with UC. They have said they have took some of my bowel as samples to rule out crones and anything else but are pretty sure its UC. 

I URGE ANYONE PLEASE DO NOT SUFFER AND WORRY LIKE I HAVE. I am still passing blood and i've put mkyself through hell and back. This has completley changed my life and I am so grateful to get a diagnosis. Not what I wanted to hear, but it could be alot worse! I was back at the doctors this morning and they have prescribed me mesalazine 1g which i need to insert into my back passage...but you know what it could be alot worse!!!If anyone has any questions please ask me. I scared the life out myself by going on the internet and if only i had read a post like this...

Also...When I have told some family members this is what is it,,,they kind of just shrug it off...like its nothing and "dont eat spicy food" I really dont think people know the severty of this...can anyone give me more information about this bowel condition. Thankyou xx

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Im sorry to hear that you still have symptoms.

I can only tell you my experience and i hope it helps

I have been diagnosed 3 years ago and was prescribed asacol.

I had blood mucus and dirrhea +severe acne.

I started making smooties-banana strawberry carrot spinach ginger smooties and stopped all dairy products!

Currently im meds free for 1.5 years ( but i would take meds if i would get a flare) and juicing 0.5-1 kg ecological carrots +cabbage+ginger root+tumeric every day

There has been scientific studies about cabbage healing all ulcers in belly(bowel) in just a couple of days! GOOGLE IT smile

+CARROTS ARE AMAZING!

But its a trial and error process as everybody react differently. I also try to eat non-inflammatory diet(gluten free, no rice, no pasta no bread no milk products and barely no animal products, No sugar.) Veggies, beans, chicken sometimes etc. I made this change in my life due to severe acne +colitis but of course sometimes i cheat( like once a week or month, but only a little)

It has been a progress but its all about trying what works best for you.

If you have any questions, want recepies just let me know-i am happy to help

Regards,

Ele

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.