Just diagnosed

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was just diagnosed three weeks with LS, I had gone to my gyn because I was very itchy!!! He saw white spots, and fissures. I was put CLOB and have been applying it, after a few days the itchiness was gone. However, now I am getting burning, should this happen while I am still applying CLOB twice a daqy everyday?? What would cause this to be calm, and then burn? Very confused

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shezbut

Just for what it's worth - I have had a great deal of success with Dermovate which has been a life-saver over the last two years for my LS, but I have been having a lot of problems with redness and soreness lately and I wondered whether it had anything to do with acidity.  I probably don't drink enough water, although I certainly avoid coffee and wine. So now I am trying 3 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day which is supposed to make one's urine more alkaline. I have only tried 2 days but already feel more comfortable.  I intend to get some ph testing strips from the chemist to do a quick test (ph should be between 6.7 and 7 apparently). Keep trying and you will find something that works for you and this forum is a Godsend.

Annie

• Posted

Is there certain things that bother this or is it different with everybody
    • Posted

Yes, it's usually stress, thinned skin through lack of hormones, often coffee, alcohol (as mentioned) auto-immune problems such as hypothyroidism.  It's important to try and keep urine away from the inflamed skin as much as possible by using a little squeezy bottle of water after each toilet visit and after drying, use Vaseline, coconut cream, or emu oil for protection.  Some people find that Dermovate (Clob) ointment is less irritating than cream.  When things have calmed down, you can very gradually apply Clob once a day, then every other day etc over a few months until you only need maintenance of once a week. Remember to only use a pea size amount each time.  More is definitely not better, as Clob is very strong and could cause skin thinning and inflammation.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get there in the end as many of us have.

Annie

• Posted

It is often a matter of trial and error, I find.  To 'compose' the right treatment for your self -  I've tried Emu oil for soothing the burning feeling.  It helped for a bit.  Be stingy with the use of Clob.  It gives a bit of a biting feeling most times.  When no flare up you may want to go to a maintenance level - only twice a week.  Twice a day sounds a bit much to me.  

Very good results I have with the use of a spray bottle (the one used in the hospitals after child birth)  in which warm water with three to four pinches of baking soda added.  Then lubricate with coconut oil.  At first the coconut oil stings, after that it is very beneficial, I find.  

• Posted

I've never used clob twice a day. Once should be plenty for a bad flare-up. I was down to twice a week after about three months. My pharmacist was willing to give me a renewal in ointment instead of cream, right after I bought a new tube of cream. There are ingredients in the white cream that irritate some people.

Coconut 'oil' is more like shortening. It's popular for healthy cooking. If your grocery store has a health food section they might even have it there.

• Posted

My doctor compound a mix for the clob with lidocaine. and she said it will help with the burning sensation...
    • Posted

I see. Interesting. Nobody's mentioned that compounding here before. I've heard of women using lidocaine so they can have pain-free sex. But the damage still happens.
  • Posted

Hi if your doctor has said twice a day then that's what you should do. I was on 2 a day for a while and I needed that. Maby as other ladies have suggested lidocaine may help I've used that too when things are really bad just remember lidocaine is not a treatment just a form of relief. You will get your on methods in time good luck x
  • Posted

I also used it twice a day and then went down to once a day, finally after a couple of weeks once or twice weekly, its the only thing that gets rid of the break out for me and it definately works. Sometimes i do feel slightly sore but it passes.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone!!!! This is a great website!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.