Just diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just diagnosed after endoscopy after feeling chest pressure just under sternum with constant gut ache. Noticed choking when not chewing food well. Feel pressure when bending over at waist .Strangely never really noticed reflux or indigestion issues. Pretty much eat anything . Biopsy tested negative for cancer Gastro Dr advised will monitor or 3 yr scopes and 40 mg Prilosec daily in AM. Looking for advice 

cardiac dr ekg stress advised no heart concerns. 

Dave

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My symptoms are similar to yours but I was told to go back yearly for endoscopic check ups (I am an expat in Middle East) so maybe different methods?   
  • Posted

What medicines are you taking and how often. My discomfort is least in early AM upon waking but continues to build as day progresses. Pretty sure the stress of it all adds to the building of it.
    • Posted

Esomeprazole capsules 40mg in one in the morning, one at night if necessary. Also Kolanticon Gel if necessary as well.
    • Posted

Is your discomfort continuous? 

Sadly my Gastro Dr left for vacation 2 weeks following my scope. I was pretty drowsy so didn't get to ask lot of questions about BE . Have still only spoken to his nurse when she called biopsy results confirming BE but neg cancer 

• Posted

No it's not continuous but when I would bend down or stretch or do certain activities you can feel discomfort. Sometimes it hurts more than other.

• Posted

Update With no relief from Prilosec 40 MG Gastro Doc wanted to up the dosage twice a day however  insurance

denied. No relief from pressure and choking so was sent to ENT. He scoped the throat have inflamed larynx.

Ordered barium swallowing test and now diagnosed with hiatal hernia.

Gastro doc also ordered Gastro stomach emptying test 4 hr exam so now looking for blockage causing the stomach acid not emptying probably caused the Barrett's Disease. Pancreas enzymes are elevated so ordering MRI of pancreas and additional blood work. Already had CT of abdomen nothing significant found.

This just keeps getting better with no relief

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.