Just diagnosed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, have been given steroid cream for this and Insilligel for the burning. Vaginal area so burning and had urine infection last week also!  Can anyone tell when this burning will stop. I am going mad here and so depressed. Thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say it can go on for a long time mine was red raw for 9 months !! But you may be luckier ! Keep reading this forum for other people's ideas etc and Google vulva LP you can get loads of info that way xxxtry not to get depressed coz that makes it worse xx

• Posted

Hi, l.p. started on most of my body just about 2yrs ago. Got it sorted then got vag lp, had it now for just over a year.

Dr gave me Cortisone cream ... it's less

potent but much kinder to the skin than steroid cream. I only use now when i really need to and it has helped a lot! Do try and not get too depressed as they say it doesn't help the condition, although it is hard not to.

Wish you well for the future and hope that in time we will see what actually causes it!!

• Posted

It can go in for a long time one thing I did to relieve th burning was wash down with warm water never hot and every toilet visit wash with water take a smell bottle out with you when going out 
  • Posted

I have had vaginal LP for years and yes the flare ups are awful, but when I'm having a flare - I keep a spray bottle with water in it near the toilet and start spraying the area as soon as the urine starts to flow. Pat yourself dry - be gentle and put on a light layer of Vaseline right after using the toilet.

I have a prescription for Clobetasol  from the gynecologist and I use it twice a day during a flare up. Morning and night. 

Try not to get too stressed out. It doesn't help.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Brilliant idea, anything is worth a try and I'm definitely going to try the bottle of water then Vaseline. Thank you for sharing!

• Posted

Usually when I get a flare up I use my steroid cream & by next day its usually A LOT better. They come & go and if I itch or wipe too hard to help relieve an itch it will automatically be sore & irritated. This whole issue is still very weird to me so I just do my best to not cause an irritation/flare up 😞 it does get depressing & frustrating for sure but hopefully you'll get your routine down, know when something is starting & using your medicine will help.

• Posted

HI, When it gets burny for me to pee, i use Ural, its a urine alkaliniser. it keeps things from getting too uncomfortable and its medicine available in supermarkets here ( NZ) 
    • Posted

I get emmolin spray in UK from doctor it's vaseline but coz you spray it's gentle to use no need to rub it in it's a godsend !! Candy wash with balneum cream from docs too xx

• Posted

I meant and wash not candy !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.