Just diagnosed, advice needed please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've just been diagnosed today with having fibromyalgia after months and months of tests for probably just about everything else. I've had cameras up and down, capsule endoscopy etc. as hospital thought I may have Ibd or crohn's. those tests came back normal so put down as ibs. other symptoms I've been having are complete exhaustion where I could sleep the clock round, constant pains in my body, hands, feet and headaches. fingers go numb, then go white/purple numerous times a day although my gp has referred me to a vascular surgeon to check if something else could be going off or if its raynauds. I've also been so unable to concentrate on quite mundane things which is making work a real struggle lately. I'm really wanting some advice on anything that may make things a little easier please. my gp has changed my antidepressants back to duloxotine to see if that improves anything but from what I've read up to now there is no actual test. help needed please, thanks very much, lisa xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had fibro for over 10 years I completed a pain management course right away, but that was back when Norco was still possible to get. I am still looking for a non-narcotic pain solution that so far hasn't happened I TAKE TYLONOL, meditate and try to walk and at least do stretching everyday. Some days are worse than others and I have learned to accept that and rest that day. I finally qualified for In Home Support with housework which is wonderful. Ask a lot of questions. You will probably be surprised at how much support is out there God bless!!

• Posted

Sorry you are going through this. I have wound up in pain management due to it. One of the things that changed my life for the better is a time release version of gapapentin called Gralise. It made me about 50% better, had more energy was able to cope with life. When I was on regular gabapentin I was at my wits end. I did end up getting some acupuncture and chiro from some eastern medicine doctors that did help me a lot. They did graston technique in the chiro part and it really helped me. Hurt like heck while he did it but then I felt a lot better. One other thing is a tumeric supplement made me feel a lot less inflamed. I tried many and the brand that works is curcuminrich, I take one 60mg (dbl strength) per day. If I stop taking it or run out I feel like heck. Also a lot of epsom salt baths, fibro patients are low in magnesium and vitamin D3. I always come back between 8-24 on viatmin d3 tests and optimal range to feel good is like 50-70 so I have to supplement, purposely try to get some sun, and keep that in mind. As time goes on, you will find something that helps you. You will not feel so alone and afraid, you will get a routine. Mostly, you will learn to accept that this is reality and cope. I do not want you to stop fighting and making sure it is not something else. My fibro was caused by a devastating autoimmune disease. My rhuematologist said that 40% of patients that goes through something like that will develop fibro. You need to make sure it is really fibro because a lot of times they just say it without knowing what is causing it, they just cannot figure it out. I assume your thyroid has had complete tests. All of them? That is another thing they kept checking me for. All I can say is keep trying to get help but in the end I wound up on a regime of medicines and meditation, and gentle exercise really do help. I used to get mad, like how can I exercise like this!!! I hurt!! But the more I moved, mainly I fostered dogs and felt an obligation to walk them a lot, I felt better. There is something to it. Take care of yourself and I wish you luck. One other thing, there are a ton of support groups and info on FaceBk, go join as many as you can. It will help you learn more about fibro, things you can do to help, and not feel alone.

• Posted

hi I new here.. sorry u hav fibro.. I also do plus other things wich will post in future.. I jus wondered u mentioned yur hands / fingers... are yur hands palms/fingers red at all... mine are various shades of red during day & also can look as tho wet & shiny... tia x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.