Just diagnosed and looking for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I've just been through some horrible anxiety related health scare where I was first sure I had a brain tumour then convinced I was dying from testicular cancer. In the end the only diagnosis I have been given is acid reflux.

It started a few months ago when I felt like something was stuck in my throat that I needed to clear. It came and went and was worse after food. Doctor said acid reflux but would prescribe something if it persisted. During my recent anxiety it has all been a lot worse to the extent that I feel something is stuck down my throat and having pains in my chest or back. I am also having more heartburn than usual and can taste the acid in my mouth.

The doctor prescribed lansoprazole and I've only been taking it for 2 days. I did worry myself that it could be cancer but the doctor dismissed my worries as I'm a 31 year old non smoker that doesn't drink much either. If my worries continue I'll push for an endoscopy.

I was just wondering if anybody else had some good advice on diet and things to avoid? I want to clear this as quickly as I can and help myself any way possible.

Thanks in advance

Chris

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Chris try librax (abott) tablets this can help you and this help u medicine then give me like thank u for reading the message
    • Posted

Terrie this is tablet relief from relax and control the blood circulation through nerve and relief from frequently burping you try this if benefited you then hit the like this medicine twice a daily before the meal.Thanks terrie for reading the message
  • Posted

Hi Try not to eat spicey or fatty foods or chocolate tomatos fizzy drinks coffee and alcohol they are all bad for reflux I eat  a lot of fish poached or vegetables chicken I drink lots of water And decaf tea try taking Gaviscon after meals and don't eat three hours before bed time hope this will help you 

• Posted

have u worked out what your trigger foods are. They are different for different people. My triggers are nuts . Fatty foods used to affect me previously but now any type of nuts start off chest pains within 15 minutes. Try Gaviscon Advance in liquid form (not sure if advance is available in tablets) the gaviscon tablets did nothing for me. Currently I am not on any GERD meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.