Just diagnosed Both Shoulders

Posted , 16 users are following.

I was just diagnosed yesterday with FS in both shoulders. No explanation as I don't recall any trauma to them. I am a 48 year old healthy male. Go figure. I started having symptoms a couple of weeks prior to Christmas in my right shoulder then in my left shortly after. I have decent ROM compared to some here. I can manage to comb my hair barely. Putting on deodorant is difficult as is tucking my shirt tail in. My question is, is that going to get worse or am I just "lucky" to not have a severe case? Just trying to wrap my brain around this as I am a very active person and not sure how to handle this.

Appreciate any and all responses.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update: After 6 months of chiro I have 80% recovery  - excellent range of motion and very little pain - just a slight ache in the socket of the shoulder.  My goal is to do up my bra at the back - so I am continuing with chiro for a few more sessions - and have also just had my first dry needling session.  The acupuncturist is going to start electric shock therapy this week (3 sessions a week apart) which will help break up the last bit of scar tissue and should help me get to 100% ROM. 
    • Posted

Hello everyone...im so glad i have found this thread. 3 months ago i started having pain in my right shoulder and the it got worse..if i bumped it wrong i would be in excruciating pain for about 1 min...then about a month later i could not lift it...dr said frozen shoulder and there was not much i could do at the time since i was in the process of moving out of state...now my left shoulder is starting to hurt. Today both my shoulders felt painful and just bruised feeling. I was starting to get scared til i read this thread and im now feeling hope...waiting for the insurance to kick in to see Dr and chiropractor! Please let me know how you are all doing...thanks
    • Posted

Dark Vixen (Sounds interesting lol),

I am about 10 months in on my right shoulder and 9 months in on my left shoulder. I feel I must be a fortunate one because I am in the thawing stage and have decent ROM back. Probably around 70%. I didn't do much to treat it. I tried massage once a week for a month when it first started but that's it.

I will say this though, I forced myself to continue doing what I always did. If I normally went out a cut firewood, then I did it. Some things I had to get creative but I made myself use them as much as I could. I don't know if that had anything to do with my accelerated timeline or not but it worked for me.

Good luck!

• Posted

I also have a by-lateral frozen shoulder which started with tingling up and down my upper arms into my forearms.  Having consulted two doctors who couldn't give me a diagnosis I decided to do some research myself.  I then made another appointment and asked the doctor if it could be frozen shoulder.  He asked me to move my arms up and down to the extent possible and he said yes you have frozen shoulder and referred me to a physiotherapist at the local hospital.  After examining me he agreed it was frozen shoulder, but gave me no indication of what it actually was that caused it and what was happening internally.  He said whether you do exercises or not it will go on its own over a period of time. I am gradually getting a bit more movement but the pain in my upper arms is still there.  Does anyone else have similar symptoms as I have had it now for eight months and every time I think it is beginning to recede it comes back again?  It makes me wonder if it is a frozen shoulder or something else as the medical profession appear as much in the dark as I am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.