Just diagnosed by Cardiologist that I have Teiztze Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

In January 2018 I had two stents inserted into my right coronary artery due to a 99% stenosis of the artery, having been sent home no less than 4 times from A and E at a local hospital saying it was gastric reflux disease! This was after months of severe angina attacks.   Eventually I persuaded a doctor at this hospital to perform a scan and this showed reersible ischaemia, which led to my angiogram and the awful discovery I had 99% blocked RCA which was stented.  Since then I developed chest pain which is very different from angina, as if someone was tightening a belt around my upper torso under my breasts.  I went to GP with this complaint many times, eventually when I had a check up with my Cardiologist this week he examined me and when he prodded me over the ribcage I yelped in pain.  He immediately diagosed Tieztze syndrome, however just to be certain there is nothing wrong with my heart he has organised an echocardiogram.  He also referred me to the Chronic Pain Relief Clinic and I will be having injections to reduce the inflammation.  I do know I can only have this done a couple of times so I am hoping it will reduce the awful pain I suffer with daily.  I wake up with it and I go to bed with it, plus the fact I am under investigations for severe night time drenching sweats, as yet no diagnosis for this has been made.   Many causes have been ruled out but because endocarditis can produce sweating attacks and chest pain my Cardio has as I say ordered an echocardiogram just to be sure there is no lingering infection in any of my heart valves post stenting.  I absolutely hate the idea that this syndrome can last for a long time as it has already been six months of pain, with 3 months previously of daily angina attacks from 10pm to 4 a.m. so I am very low mood at present as chronic pain is not good.   I do realise the syndrome could have bee caused by a bacterial or viral infection and I did have a particularly nasty chest infection around Xmas time and still bring up green sputum but CT chest only showed minor collapse of right base of right lung, nothing to be concerned about according to my GP.   All I know is that for the last year I have been unwell with one thing after the other (I shall be 72 in a few days) and have absolutely no energy and need a siesta every afternoon.   The only other thing I should mention is that on the CT it showed a migrated surgical clip hanging off the edge of my liver which is post cholecystectomy and a hepatectomy (segment III) carried out in Melbourne Australia 14 years ago!  It is a fairly rare phenomenon but there are several reported cases about this happening.  I am seeing a Hepato-biliary Surgeon on Sept 10th to see what he is going to do about it.   It may have to be removed either by ERCP or laporotomy.     I cannot wait to get the injection of steroid into my rib cage and hope it gives me some respite at least as I cannot tolerate pain killers and cannot have NSAIDs due to my gastric reflux disease either.  Wish me luck! I will keep you posted about the migrated surgical clip! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.