Just diagnosed. Really needing help.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had health issues the last 4 years. It started with very painful rashes on my face along with fatigue, then progressed to really bad abdominal pain, insane swelling, rashes on arms & chest. I've been tested for everything. 2. 5 years ago I had an ultrasound showing 2 large fibroids outside my uterus. Then 2 years ago I had a laporoscopy to test for endo. I was told I didn't have it & was discharged. I went on the pill in the run up to the laporoscopy (3 months with no break) and since then I've had no abdominal swelling or major stomach pain. But I've continued with really bad fatigue & hip pain. I've been checked for everything, then was referred to orthopaedics due to my hips. He saw something in an xray that looked like inflammation in my illiac joint & sent me for an mri. I met with the consultant today who said my joints were fine but I have severe endometriosis throughout my pelvis. My ovaries were not visible. He said he didn't know a great deal and couldn't advise and that is need to be referred back to gynae which means another wait. I've already waited 6m for gastro, 6m gynaecology & 9m orthopaedics and now another 6m again for gynaecology. I just feel so shocked and lost as to what to do.

I don't have typical endo symptoms. My periods are fairly light, very regular & not that painful. My symptoms are present throughout the month and I don't seem to feel worse during my periods.

I would be so grateful of any help or advice.

I'm 39. No kids. Take very good care of my health (yoga, vegan, meditate... you get the type!)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.