Just diagnosed...what next?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Saw my eye dr today and was just diagnosed with this condition. how should i prepare myself? had an "infection" a few months back and since then occasional mild flare ups. should i prepare myself to deal with this forever? my dr didn't make a big deal of it just said i would need to wash my eyes with soap and water 2 times a day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Allison,

I was able to kill Blepharitis using Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes. If you are not allergic to detergents, fabric softeners, lanolin or aloe and are not considered to have sensitive skin then you could give it a try.

I found when I did research that it was a Staph infection and it was on my lashes and driving me crazy with itching all the time.

My daughter's mother-in-law used an Avon product and killed her Blepharitis in a couple of days. When I went to buy that product it had been reformulated and no longer had Benzethonium Chloride in it. I searched online for what did have it and since I had these wipes at home I tried them.

The ones I used are in a red box and are in the US. Many have ordered them online. The UK ones have Benzalkonium Chloride in them and seem to be harsher and irritating to people.

If you would like more information just let me know. I have posted a lot of info on this site on this product and how it did help me. I was able to use mascara and kill it at the same time. That requires buying throw away mascara wands.

Hope this encourages you,

Lynda79

• Posted

Thanks so much for all the info! I'm definitely going to try the wet wipes. Ive started and eye wash routine with baby shampoo and tea tree oil also. Ive just noticed on days that i wear mascara i wake up more irritated the next day and that's frustrating. But after just a couple of days of starting the eye wash routine I can already see improvements. I think I have a mild case so hoping I can kill it quickly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.