Just diagnosed with Addisons

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have just yesterday been diagnosed with Addisons disease and I'm pretty damn terrified. I'm not sure what to think or feel and all i see is horror stories about this disease. My doctor and nurse has reasured me I can just go back to normal after I recieve my meds but I'm scared.

I'm currently waiting for the hospital to call so i can go in for further tests and treatment, and I just don't know what to expect. I just feel so scared sad

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How have you been feeling?
    • Posted

Hi, sorry I haven't been on here, I've had so much going on. 

After my doctors telling me I had Addison's I was told by the consultant that I don't and he said it's ironic fatigue after having glandular fever (which I felt made a lot of sense). 

My doctor has put me off work now for a further 3 months as I'm still not making much progress with the fatigue and tiredness, I have a lot of pain in my legs and hands at the moment too.

Thank you mono and rosie for asking how I am smile 

• Posted

Please don't panic my 92 year old grandad has had this disease all his life and he is fit as a fiddle ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.