Just diagnosed with Trochanteric bursitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with Trochanteric bursitis & just this morning I got cortisone injection.

Question for people who have gotten a injection for this how long has it lasted for?

Thought I'd ask because I got a cortisone injection for my back & it only lasted 2 weeks.

I can't take the pain anymore I'm constantly nauseas from pain. 😢

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had steroid injections in both hips due to the same problem. Mine lasted until I did a bit too much exercise, less than 3 months, and the pain and inflammation came back.

Instead of going back I decided to seek advice from a Chinese Medicine Doctor (as I live in Hong Kong) and I was treated with acupuncture and took Chinese Herbal medicine.

I did this once or twice a week for two months and are now pain free.

I was concerned about having too much steroids in a short period of time.

I am 44 and am holding out as long as possible before my hip replacement surgery, as I am not quite there yet.

I hope this helps as physio also didn't work for me.

Simone

• Posted

The trochanteric bursa lies over the greater trochanter of the hip, the bump on the outer part of the femur. Walking causes the gluteus maximus to pull on the tendon. its very painful. i tried rest and injections . i was also diagnosed with OA in the hip joint, during hip joint replacement the bursa sac was removed. surgery can also be done to remove the bursa sac without hip replacement.i hope the injections work for you and gives you long term relief. good luck.

• Posted

I just had an injection this morning. Instead of feeling better I can barely walk. It is SO painful. Dr office said to wait 24 hours and if not improved from original pain, call them. Injections in my knee and shoulder did not help I'm not sure about this. Pain progressively getting worse 20+ years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.