Just fed up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every time the weather changes, I get a flare.Fibro is raging tonight! I call it my dark passenger, always there in the background ready to spoil any outing, vacation, anything important.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

That's a great name for the pain that takes our lives to many lifestyle limitations unwillingly I might add. Dark passenger! Dexter fan?

Sometime me I can put up a big fuss other times NOT....

bon Jovi or I like stories words seem to lull me asleep better than music. 

• Posted

Huge Dexter fan! Glad Bon Jovi helps you too. The optimism in his songs always lift my spirits! Plus he's easy on the eyes!

• Posted

Dark passenger interesting  -  I call mine the evil sprite who sits on my shoulder. Every time I enjoy myself he demands "payback" sometimes the payback is worth it other times not!! However I refuse to sit and do nothing and let him win. So do others give a name to their fibro fun spoiler?

• Posted

I'm not sure, this is my first experience with a fibromyalgia group. Been here about a week. Evil sprite is good.

I get on here at night alot, when insomnia kicks in. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I've learned alot.

MayI ask what medication works best for you? I take gabapentin. I was on nortryptyline, but I had to stop. Terrible side effects.

• Posted

Ive not been on here long either im on gabapentin sertraline and other ones that help sleep begin with a n
    • Posted

Not n sorry haha zopiclone but they dont always give them too me which doesnt help
  • Posted

I know what you mean. Cold weather does it for me and apparently hot weather isn't good either

..I've been doing lots of reading on fibro to try and help myself to better manage it and my AS and apparently we need to retrain our thinking because our brain remembers things. Just thoughts, memories, fears from our subconscious can be triggered and this puts our body into a flight or fight response or non action.

Today I will be asking about cymbalta, as many people have said that it is good for many to reduce number and intensity of flares.

4 months ago, I felt really overwhelmed with everything, realized it was definitely fibro and Dr and rheumy both agreed it was, I realized that I had to change many aspects of my 'normal life' including my thought processes :-I've learnt that others have been living with it for years:- they adapted, so will I and hopefully quicker and easier as there are so many resources out there for self-help and lots of professional support. I'm first priority. I'm simplifying my life to reduce stress and I treat myself to hydro, massage and doing other things I enjoy...

Reducing stress is a constant task for me but I find that the more I plan and make positive efforts to make some progress, the better of I am.

• Posted

Cymbalta helped me a lot. Hope it gives you a break too!

you have got a great positive attitude. Always know our limitations and be mindful of our daily experiences. 

Peace & Heeling

• Posted

Thankyou for the lovely comment. I hope cymbalta works too but Humira is next to start within next 3-4weeks..to stop Allowing Spondyloarthritis to be active as it is degenerative and need help to stop it before it starts fusing my spine. Then fibro rheumy will work on. Fibro is driving me crazy but I'm learning via books, internet health sites about different therapies that can help reduce number and intensity and we can work on these ourselves...

• Posted

I'm starting Cymbalta next week, I couldn't handle the Nortryptyline! Also take gabapentin which doesn't help with flares, but does help with the pain

• Posted

I hope Cymbalta gives you the relief and peace from the pain of fibro that you have needed. 

Also I highly suggest psio therapy it's a great way to learn better movements and find your body strengths. 

Know your limitations & use mindfulness daily.

Peace & Heeling

H4C

• Posted

very nice to read how well your adjusting to these health issues. 

Hope to hear your doing well soon. my back has fused in a few places. Yet exercises and learning my limitations has really given me so much freedom.

my heart is in the right place knowing that we all cannot give into this disease or let it define who we are.

one day at a time knowing we can stay in a good place. Education diet and information is key. 

Peace& Heeling

H4C

• Posted

I hope you can find what works for you. Fibro can be overwhelming at times.

wishing you well and thank you for your kind responses!

we fibros gotta stick together. What works for me I learned years ago, never sit still to long and stay active the best way available. Most of all support and family is a big part of coping with chronic pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.