Just feel so jittery all of a sudden about it all.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies on here and people who have responded to my posts in the past. Do any of you feel jumpy in between counselling appointments and how do you switch the thoughts off? I have 12 days until I see my counsellor again and I'm dreading it after the last one which was so scary. Also what can you take that is not an anti depressant so you can cope when the level of fear steps up a level. Got to be careful also have ibs.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam,

counceling takes time to adjust to. Give yourself a chance to get thru this. 

Antideppressants help IBS not cause more pain. Watch what you eat nomfatty food you know the drill.

Take one day at a time. Healing is in the time you give yourself to over come and be strong. Don't let this destroy you or define you, but rise above it for strength to learn the coping tools to find peace.

• Posted

Thanks for your support out of the blue just had an horrendous flashback! Too scared to sleep!!!
    • Posted

The nightmares are to do with my attackers specifically chasing me nonstop in a loop, over and over with cackling voices saying we've got you where we want you. Scary.

• Posted

Sounds very hard to cope with on your own. Been thru a similar experience. The nightmares can deffinately be upsetting. I can't stress enough how important it is to see a councilor and ask about anti anxiety meds. At this point your caught in a loop same issue over & over. There can be a way for you to eliminate the repetition. Meds can interrupt that cycle and contribute to functioning better in ur daily life .

• Posted

I would take anti anxiety medication but what is best. I don't feel having read so much about depression that this is what I have, the anxiety is massive but all my doctor will is anti depression tablets with chemicals in! Just about got ibs sorted so have worked hard on chucking out all artificial stuff. I need the least evasive stuff as we are still trying for children. Can you suggest anything as you've been through this? Sorry to ask. Thanks.

• Posted

Why are you dreading to see your counselor? He or she shouldn't make you feel stressed.

If you need something to help calm down, you can try magnesium, inositol, pharmagaba, chamomile tea. But consult with doctors if you're taking any medications.

• Posted

That's just it she's not as sympathetic as old counsellor and I think sadly that I'm comparing her. The old one was lovely. I just want all the pain to stop. It's really upsetting my health too but I'll take all of it to reach my target - to adopt and bring some long needed happiness in to my life. It's crushing me that I can't adopt as I can't cope with this. The 2 scumbags who do this I'd love to kill, seriously. I would just like my counsellor to help not question me. I will see if I can get one of the things you suggest though. Thanks sorry post is so long.

• Posted

Hey Sam,

I don't think you should deal with a counselor who makes you feel stressed out. Their job is to do the exact opposite. It's up to you obviously but I wouldn't deal with that.

I strongly emphasize nutrition and exercise to help out. It definitely helped me with my PTSD. Magnesium, B-vitamins, omega-3 Krill oil, inisitol, probiotics...good stuff. Aerobic exercise, yoga, and resistance exercises help your body make the neurotransmitters you need.

Lastly, you have to go against your own mind bc it is stuck in flight-fight mode. Tell yourself that these fears I'm feeling are not real. Fear should only exist in real situations of danger.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice, I will see what my doctor thinks I think. Somethings got to be done. These buggers who hurt me aren't going to win. I will. I've got this far. Good luck to you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.