Just feel so sad today

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't quite know where to start,  but after a routine appointment at the doctors I've dissolved today and I don't know why I feel so sad,  I feel like it's absolutely my fault I have no children since being raped and can't shake the feeling my new counsellor is useless too,  she isn't like the counsellor I saw at rape crisis and I feel I can't tell my doctor either or don't know how.  Please help I just feel so sad today and my husband feels sad too.  We have a fostering appointment on Thursday and can't think of anything else.  Can anyone help? My counsellor had the cheek to ask if I was sure I did the right thing by being at my rapist's home? Yeah sure I'm thick I often go off with weird men I barely know  do I go back to this counsellor? If so what do I say? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well sam its not ur fault 4 bei g raped its the beast who done it his fault. As for ur counsellor change them i have seen a lot of counsellors at first i put up with them coz i didnt like 2 b ignorant and was acared 2 say anything.till i woke up and thought this ismy life not yours.yous r rubbish not interested in me so 1 by 1 got rid of them they were destroying my confidence.so if ur not happy with them ask 2 c some1 else ur not happy with them its ur life it's just a wage 2 some of them.and go on thursday it mayb would u need some kids in ur life .goodluck sam😆

• Posted

You must not blame yourself for any of this.

I believe the so-called counsellor is a nut-bar and not worthy of your company. If you are able to request another;please do so. 

I am sure this may sound weird but I think when you are able to come to terms with the rape and stop blaming yourself that you will be able to have children. Sometimes our bodies respond to stress in odd unexplainable ways.

Anyone who has been raped has been violated by a cruel, sick individual who cannot relate to a normal healthy relationship. Quite simply, they are criminals.

I pray for you.

God Bless

• Posted

Hi ladies sorry about yesterday was feeling extremely fragile.  Feel like tackling this lady first I won't answer any questions like this again as I don't want to.  I have already spoken to her manager, he knows what she's done.  She's a funny bugger anyway but worse I apparently can't write anything down either - she's got a darn cheek! I'm seeing my doctor today about it so I'll tell her,  she won't tolerate this she's seen me at my worst. 

• Posted

I think you should probably start reaching out to new doctors. From reading your post, the doctor that you have isn't helping. I hope your fostering appointment went well. A doctor should never make you feel that way. I do think it's a good idea to help patients evaluate their life decisions but for a case like rape that seems wildly inappropriate. Who you decide to share your body with is your decision and no one should ever take that from you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.