Just feeling down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on day 2 of 10mg of Cit after 2 weeks of 5mg. I find myself feeling down especially in the mornings. I had a lot of relationship anxiety and some depression which is the reason why I started taking the meds in the first place. At what point does this get better? Is this a side effect? I just want to cry and curl up in a ball. I don't feel this way until I am alone, I feel pretty normal when I am with my partner.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

First off, are you coming off the drug or just starting to take it?

It takes at least one month for any of the good effects to happen when you just start to take it.

Clarify if you ending or starting the drug.

Thx

• Posted

It took me 35 days to feel any benefit when I started to take it.   You may want to stay at the original dosage until that time.   Sorry it taks so long but if this drug is a good fit for you, it will be worth the wait.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Three weeks is the norm for results. You will have some side effects and they will generally dissipate after time passes. CIT saved my life but it took me a few weeks to realise what had happened. Be patient and pay attention. Good luck
  • Posted

Hey cosmickitty,

Sounds like side effects I'm afraid…. very normal to think it’s worse when it’s your brain adapting slowly to meds just think of all those chemicals mixing around there’s bound to be a some funny thoughts and things going on as the adjustment takes place, there will be some discomfort but trust me it is worth staying on them longer than people prefer as they take months to really work.

Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.