Just for fun...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Which of these top ten fun ways to help lose weight would you choose and why? :shock:

I am going for karate, street dancing and skateboarding because karate will help me defend myself, street dancing will keep me warm in winter and skateboarding because I could skim past all the heavy traffic in the rsh hour :shock:

Karate

This is one of the best total-body workouts, helping you shed fat, build muscle, and even improve your concentration. Just make sure you go to classes that are registered with the English Karate Federation, so you know you’re being taught by a real expert. Visit the website of the English Karate Federation (see Useful links) to learn more.

Football

Whatever your skill level, from Drogba to donkey, a kick about is an excellent way to get in shape. A jumpers-for-goalposts game is good, but if you start a team you are guaranteed regular games, so that your skills and general fitness will quickly improve.

Orienteering

You are given the task to navigate cross-country with just a map, a compass and your instincts to aid you. It's like a giant treasure hunt: you’ve got to reach a series of checkpoints in the quickest time possible, so it exercises both your body and mind. Ray Mears, eat your heart out. Visit the British Orienteering website for more information (see Useful links).

Climbing

This is a great way to build up your upper body and get an all-round workout. You can do it indoors, go at your own pace and, most importantly, pretend you’re Spider-Man.

Paintball

It's fast, fun and gives you a real adrenaline rush. Unlike other team games you're always part of the action, so there’s no equivalent of being stuck in goal. Even if you’re not traditionally sporty, you could turn out to be a real sharpshooter.

Street dance

Learn some of the breakdancing and hip-hop moves that you see in your favourite videos and get fit in the process. Plenty of organisations offer street-dancing classes all around the UK. Why not lace up your trainers and get moving? For some inspiration watch our video (see below) on how to learn the Grease dance moves.

Basketball

Basketball is an easy way to work out because you can play solo, testing your shooting skills, or as part of a team. Height is obviously an advantage, but there are some very successful short players, such as Muggsy Bogues who, at 1.60m (5' 3\"wink tall, is the shortest ever NBA player.

Ice hockey

The world’s fastest team game is rough, tough and very, very fun. You never stop moving so you get a very intense workout, both burning fat and building muscle. Most rinks have several teams so even skating novices can try.

Skateboarding

If regular sports aren’t your thing you can still get in shape with a few flips and grinds. Skateboarding gives you an intense workout, can increase your self-confidence and provides another way to get around. And, best of all, girls love skaters.

Mountain biking

Cycling is great exercise. You’ll burn a ton of calories and get leaner, more powerful legs. Hard work on the way up those hills is repaid by a thrilling downhill run: perfect for adrenaline junkies.

Above has been taken from: (Click Here)

Melbi

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Think I would go for the ice hockey. Used to play hockey when I was at school and loved it. Need to learn to skate better though as I kinda resemble Bambi... :lol:
  • Posted

Hey Melbi,

I quite fancy Paint Ball, I'm pretty good at shootin Germans on hubbys Call Of Duty on PC :lol: But I'd have to do it with a twist. I'd only invite people I really don't like (ie wicked step mother :twisted: ) that way I'd get MAXIMUM pleasure from my exercise :!: :lol: :lol:

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Would definately pick dancing cause I am Beyonce when I get going and football so I could look at all those fit men lol

K :D

• Posted

Melbi, in all fairness (and not wishing to sound like a perv) but you forgot sex - especially energetic stuff - just dont go setting up the old sex-swing straight away!

Be safe people!

• Posted

LOL Dave

Trust me! :shock:

So do we assume sex would be your favourite form of exercise?

I'd ask more but it might get deleted :oops:

Have a great day all

Melbi x

• Posted

:oops:

not saying anything!

• Posted

It's definitely mine! They say you burn 200 calories in a sex session - not sure if that is a gentle one or a more frenzied one!
  • Posted

That sounds much more fun than sitting on an excercise bike!!!! :lol:
  • Posted

Ahhhh! So it isn't the AD's that are causing me to gain weight, it's the lack of sex :shock: Doubt doctor could prescribe sex on the nhs!!! :?
  • Posted

:lol: thats a whole different forum Melbi!! :!: :!:
  • Posted

What???? You mean I can get sex on the nhs??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.