Just found out I have herpes at 22

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone. I just received the news from my gynecologist that I have HSV2. I was tested on Tuesday and was supposed to come in on next Thursday to hear my results but I couldn't bear the wait any longer. I had been praying since Tuesday asking the Lord to please spare me that I wouldn't make the mistake of not using a condom again. When I found out I had it I the first thing I did was lash out at the Lord for doing this to me but I did it to myself. For days I've been wearing a scarf on my head because I have the blisters there too. I just haven't been myself. I was always miss fashionista. I loved dressing up and having all attention on me. Now I don't even want anyone to look at me. I'm miserable. I look at other girls now with so much envy because they're perfectly fine and don't have to deal with the cards I've been dealt. I'm so young and have so much going for me but I ruined all that just for one night I didn't even really enjoy. How will I ever deal with this? How can I go on? I'm so broken I can't even be mad at the guy who did this to me. Or should I just be mad at myself? How do I tell my brother who loves me so much? How do I go on living?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry about it, go get the shingles vaccine, this is a very closely related virus & the vaccine will rid you of virtually all symptoms :-)
  • Posted

Im 24 and i was diagnosed in november. Its not tge end of the world though trust me i felt like it was for weeks then figured many people have alot worse then this and only 50% kf people that have the virus actually get symptoms tgeres alot more people with the virus then you think

Iv been with my boyfriend for nearly 5 years didnt have sexual contact for around 3 months before i had my first outbreak so i dont know how long i have had it but it happens you just got to learn to deal with it.

Theres no point bein mad at anyone and there are so many things that can help you and aswell even if you did use condom theres still 2% chance you could become infected.

Its happened so use it to your advantage of learning when you are near an outbreak you learn the different signs and do research on what can trigger an outbreak eg stress too much sun

Honestly when you deal with it mentally you will realise its not that bad and others have alot worse

• Posted

Hey , I wish I could get some advice , just a few words , I'm so nervous I don't know how to feel , in sad I'm confused I have no one to talk to , it would really help me , thank you so much rolleyes
  • Posted

Thanks so much guys for the support. I hadn't heard about the shingles vaccine I might try that thanks tom52697. Pixie1989 I really appreciate you sharing your story with me and it helps so much to hear from someone else who understands. I had my meltdown earlier but I am much better now. I know things could be much worse and I can deal with the cards I've been dealt. I'm just taking it one day at a time and I know everyday will be better. Your words have really helped me.
  • Posted

Your welcome hun its not nice to have but there are so many things that can help witch hazel is good to put on sores it drys them up and lidocaine is good aswell as it numbs. You can get lidocaine from chemist and witch hazel you can get almost anywhere take some vitamins aswell this will build your immune system up and any food that is naturally red has something in to help immune system aswell it will help against any future outbreaks.

I hope your sores are gone soon then you can deal with it better mentally but if you need to talk or rant feel free xx

• Posted

Don't worry about it, there was a small French study done with 50 people that had either HSV1 or HSV2 they were given the shingles vaccine & their symptoms all went away although they still carry the virus & can pass it to others, I had particularly bad symptoms for 14 years all over my body from my feet to the top of my head now it has virtually gone since I read this study & had the vaccine, some of the participants of the study had a second dose several months after the first which I may have as I was still taking antivirals when I had the jab & I should not have been taking antivirals as this makes the vaccine less effective & I sometimes get a fleeting spot or two on my head, shingles is more commonly called HSV3, this kind of tells you in name alone how closely related it is to these other viruses!!!
  • Posted

The same thing happened to me , I wish we could talk , I really need to talk for a second with someone that went trough the same thing that I'm experiencing right now , I'm so nervous , if you could just for a second it would be great in so stressed I'm sad , I don't know what to do or how to feel
    • Posted

Hi Susana

Try & not fret too much about your situation it is after all only a fairly minor ailment when put in perspective & there are currently 4 or 5 therapeutic vaccines in the works, it is more in the mind than anything else although I know it is often uncomfortable!

• Posted

So how did you get through it? Did it get better? I'm 21 and just got it :,( I feel the same way that you felt a year ago. I don't know what to do next? I don't know anything I'm so upset and disgusted with myself. Do you always brake out? How often? Is your life any better?
    • Posted

I just found out today, I'm 20 and so scared. I have so many concerns and questions. I feel disgusting, I feel like no one will love me again. I don't know what to do. All I can do is cry. I have no one to talk to about this, I feel so embarrassed. I don't know who I got it from, my dr said I could have been carrying this for years without knowing.
    • Posted

Same I just found out today and I’m honestly heart broken. I keep praying that they got it mixed up with someone else’s but idk, I’ve had blood work and things of that nature done and never anything. Idk I’m very sad 
  • Posted

Same, Im 20 and just found out today sad me and my boyfriend have been in a relationship for over a year now, and we slept together just as I was beginning to get symptoms (but I had no idea). I feel so gross and I just dont know what to do and I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it.
  • Posted

I was told two days ago that I had genital herpes. I am only 18. I'm beyond scared. I feel like I am not normal. I'll forget for a little while and then it will hit me that I have herpes and then my whole mood changes. I constantly shoot myself down. It's not on purpose I just remember what I have. I feel mad. Like why me. Why not anyone else in the world. I've been reading a lot and it helps but only for a little while. Ive had a boyfriend for over a year now. He just went to the doctors and the doctor said he might have have it or he might not. (He couldn't tell because he didn't have an outbreak). He is very supportive. And I feel fine(happy) when I'm with him. But when I'm not with him I feel horrible. We also don't know who contracted it. Like if it was me who got it and gave it to him or if he got it and gave it to me. And I am not mad at him if he did give it to me because he didn't know. But We want to stay together and as in stay together I mean get married in the future.. I don't know what to do about how I feel about it though. Apart of me feels like this horrible feeling will go away in time but another part of me feels like I will always feel like this. I don't know.
  • Posted

Hey I just read your post . How did you find out you had it ? How are you in your bg? What was you symptoms? I just want to know bc I'm sure what I'm experiencing. I been with my bf a year and half now and I'm just scared
  • Posted

I'm 23 and I have multiple symptoms. I'll find out tomorrow for sure or not. But I'm pretty positive I do. I already have issues maintaining a relationship. I don't even know what I'm gonna do now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.