Just found prolapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my doc has just told me i have a prolapse and im terrified, i have endless history of lady problems and now this, She has its not enough to see a consultant about but what if it get worse? The waiting lists are dreadful and there is no way i can go private,, Who would i see? An urologist or a gynae? I can see the lump clearly and ive just started a new relationship as well which is going to be awkward. What if the prolapse comes right out? I can feel it all the time and its making me sore.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Cath

First of all stop feeling it because you are aggrivating the prolapse. I have had a prolapse bladder for over ten years and mine stayed up until a year ago when it started to protrude out of the vagina area. It is not life threatening but it is scary when you first discover it. The lump is actually the bladder behind the vagina wall falling out of its normal position. Your pelvic floor holds up all those organs, bladder, uterus, rectal etc.

You should start doing pelvic floor exercises for starters while you are waiting to see the doctor. Do you have any other symptoms like bowel problems or urinary problems?

I will private email you with the web site for you to go to, to look at the pelvic floor exercises.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi lynn, i will get back to you later, many thanks, im not touching it in any way i meant i could feel it as its uncomftable x
    • Posted

Okay Cath

Look after yourself and do what you can to improve that draggy feeling etc. The pelvic floor exercises is a good start. I am glad you are not trying to touch your prolapse as it will start to bleed a little if it gets too aggrivated. I open up two vitamin E capsuls every night, squeeze out the liquid and rub it all over gently inside the vagina around and on the prolapse. It soothes and keep the prolapse from bleeding or getting irritated. Talk to you again.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Thank u so much, i will get in touch when i have an hour xxx
  • Posted

Firstly, this is an annoying condition but it's not life threatening! I had a rectocele and a vaginal vault prolapse for a number of years before having them operated on 9 weeks ago. The lump can be frightening to view but it  usually looks far worse to us than it is. As Lyn said, leave it alone, do pelvic floor exercises and ask to be put on waiting list to see a gynaecologist at your local hospital. Start the ball rolling now and you will at least be taking control. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.