Just got a ligament injury on crutches can’t do much really frustrated how long till I can walk ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just waiting for mri scan

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm having the same problem.

im 3 months into a PkR .

How long does this last for , need to get back to strenthing.

• Posted

i have two sprained MCL ligaments, one in each leg. Sports injury on a treadmill, ran on a ridiculous high incline. LAXITY bad in both knees. I'm told this could take up to a year+, hopefully not. I'm miserable!

What ligament did you injure? For me, showering is the biggest challenge too.

• Posted

you got in both knees ? i was playing football and i twisted felt a crunch , and buckled to the floor , struggled to put weight on it , it was on my left knee.

Havnt had the knee mri scan yet awaiting appointment , i literally cant keep my left leg straight !

• Posted

hey peter, so SORRY to hear! If you injured your menicus, it will hear much faster then a ligament. I can walk, but it sure ain't fun!! I'm very active and this injury really knows how to keep your spirits down. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

thanks jamie

yeah its a pain cant do the normal things that im used to , ive been signed off for a week , are you off work ?

what do you do to get your self back 100%? any tips

• Posted

100%? I have not been there which seems to be almost a year! I hope, pray, wish, drink wine, meditate, chant, PT, CBD, you name it, I do it all!!

I'm a Realtor, so most times i can work from my computer, but I love to get out, inspect, stairs, preview, etc. It's an awful feeling being "stuck".

Hope you're doing better, Jamie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.