just got back from doctors

Posted , 11 users are following.

dont know what to think now, see the senior doctor, who i have never seen before, he said who told you you had pmr, and who put you on steroids.

I told him five years ago i saw a doctor explained the pain etc, she did blood tests, said yes you have pmr so put me on 10mg pred.

His reply you do not have pmr, you have chronic RA in spine,hands,feet.

HE said the pain behind the ears is due to the swelling in my neck, and shoulder muscles, dismed the swelling in my neck, i said a blind man can see that, and why would a doctor waste her time sending me for a etc. US scan, to that he said nothing

result hes sending me to a pain clinic,

so back to having pain behind ears, temple, husband not a happy bunny as he said a waste of time, do you know what you have you silly b...............

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a clever sod - if this is a GP I would be asking him to refer me to a rheumatologist for assessment and proper treatment if I have RA. Because a GP can't manage that... And if it was a rheumatologist - I'd still want the proof and a second opinion.

• Posted

Eileen is correct ... DEFINITELY get a second opinion from a rheumatologist ...

• Posted

I am due an appointmennt in a month with my rheumatologist so i will be speaking to him about it, i must admit i felt like hitting him, which is wrong i know but i wa livid when i got out.

• Posted

Wrong maybe - but I have every sympathy, He was being very unprofessional if you ask me.

• Posted

I know how you feel as that is all I get from Doctors and Consultants it doesn't stop the pain though. I've had ultra sound on my shoulder which showed inflammation it doesn't make any difference to them. Just tell me it's severe arthritis and not pmr. Hope you have some luck soon.

• Posted

Well here’s a coincidence. I’m sitting in the parking lot of a rheumatologist I just saw because my doctor a GP diagnosed me with PMR last March. GP started me on 60 mg last year. rheumatologist isn’t sure that I have PMR my GP never sent the office notes so the new rheumatologist is going to get them and review everything. UGH! by the way I’ve changed primary care physicians.

• Posted

A GP who starts a PMR patient on 60mg pred needs changing!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.