Just got back from my ablation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Not going to lie it was rough. Main reason is what we talked about yesterday. Took Xanax on way to hospital and then they gave me a little propoffol and Verced. She wasn't giving up so triggered and injected me for 3 hours, I final heard her say lets ablate and next thing I knew I was out and waking up in recovery. She is 95 percent sure she got it. My advice would be it is worth giving it a try and definitely try and take as little calming meds as you can if you want a quicker procedure. 

Also my heart rate is higher than normal when I do anything this evening, I assure it is from the trama involved.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So happy the Ablation worked for you. I have had 4 now and I’m in worse condition than when they started. I now have POTS and I’m going into heart failure. 
    • Posted

How did you end up with pots and did the ablation doctor cause the heart failure? Wishing you the best
  • Posted

I am not totally sure how I ended up with POTS. Never heard of it before 3 weeks ago. As far as the Ablation doctor causing it, I have wondered the same thing the last 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago my legs and feet got so extremely swollen that the cardiologist I saw told me that the blood is not going back up and I am in heard failure. The last year has been a total blur with all the Ablations and my heart rate staying between 140-180 at rest. I am totally lost for words and emotions at this point. 
  • Posted

Good to hear. Just rest up and let your family look after you.

i was unfortunate as my first attempt was unsuccessful. The EP thought he could not trigger me because I was taking a benzo

I have tried 3 times. No go but for different reasons

So happy for you.

• Posted

Just curious on the other two did they think they got it at the time and when did you find out it didn't work?

• Posted

The first I mentioned could not be triggered because of the benzo.

At that time, He thought I had AVNRT

The second one he was able to tigger me.  I was off those meds. But in the study he found out thaat I did not have AVNRT, but it was AT.  He needed the 3D mapping machine for that, and it was not set up

The third,  (May 7th)  Was to be a different procedure  Boy, it sure was.

I had to have an arteriol line in my wrist to monitor my internal blood pressure.  They attempted 5 times in my right wrist, and 2 times in my left wrist.   The pain was incrediable.

I also had to have a foley catheter.  That took 4 tries.    By time all this was done, I was looking for the parking lot........

After about 30 minutes in the cath lab doing the prep etc,  putting the catheter in my groin, and a catheter in my left collar bone, again the pain was incredible

He was able to trigger me this time, and started the study.

Then all of a sudden, my bp went to  250/110.  They gave me meds to lower it, but it did not.   Then they gace me nitro to lower bp.   My bp went to 80/40,   So they then gave me something to raise bp.

I felt so weird and unwell.

He keep coming out and talking to me.   They then felt I was stable and he said he wanted to give me some adrenaline, and walked back into the computer area.

By time he got back there, I called out and said.    You know what?   I am done with this.......

They unhooked me which seemed to take forever. i just wanted to go home.

Then of course there is that 4 hours where you have to lay flat. and by bp was still low, so I felt like crap

Finally, I was able to leave. We had a 45 minute drive home, while I sat in the car and had a melt  down 

• Posted

I wouldn't give up, I did a lot of research to find the doctor and talked to a lot of people. My doc was trained at Stanford and she had a team of about 8 people in there. They had all the latest tech. She told my family that it was hard to trigger because of the Benzo's and I wasn't off the beta blocker that long but she wasn't giving up and used ever trigger she knew until she could figure out the area causing it. I really think this whole thing is based on equipment and doctor skill. Don't give up. On another note. I just posted another thread. When should I take off the bandage and then how should I take care of it after that?

• Posted

i was told 48 hours for the groin, and 24 hours for the collarbone and wrist.  I left it longer actually left on longer. Because I had 5 areas in total and was so bruised, I really did not want to look at them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.