Just got back from physio and feel iv gone backwards!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi im 11 wks post tkr today and havent been for physio for 3 wks but have been today. Iv been walking unaided around the house for a while and often outside. I was going to ask for a stick for balance as i woddle a bit. But the physio said i shouldnt give up my crutch yet. He said im not walking with a flexible leg and am holding it stiff. I know i am! So i wil do more damage he even questioned wether i should be walking round house without it! I feel a bit upset as was hoping i was doing well. Got to take their advice!

I was hoping to go back to work in 2 wks which wil make it wk 13 but he said how long was i walking for and i said 20 mins so he said i wouldnt be ready to be on my feet for a shift! Im trying to build my walking up but he has got a point! Hopefully will only need another 2 wks and then phased return.

I wont be able to go back if i cant walk without crutch. Im at physio in 2 wks so will see how im doing then. I will persevere with walking and exercises and see how i go! This is so hard at 49 i want to be living! Sorry to moan but feeling frustrated and disappointed .com lol

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is where you take their words seriously and follow instructions--be thankful for them. Don't know about your going back to work. I assume your job only allows "X" amount of time off.  Worrying about be able to go back to work is a heavy load.  Keep contact with whomever is responsible in your personnel office who can be of the most assistance to you in relieving the worry. I have to be positive and say that I am sure you are not the first person to be in this position, and if you are then they need to take your condition seriously--your input will be their first initiative to this process.  Wishing you the best in your efforts!!!
    • Posted

Thank you i am intouch with work and i know i need a couple more weeks! We have to listen ! As you said i mustnt worry about work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.