Just got blood test back NOT GOOD ! Epstein Barr 19 months now thyroid agh!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

been bedridden 19 months with epstein barr. gained a massive amount of weight 70lbs in 7 months . i went on hormones so thought it was them? quit them and not 1lb has shifted.

had thyroid test 9/18 all good then again april and june 2019 went down but still ok ... now recent blood tests tsh has tanked . t3 t4 is good .

i know nothing about ALL OF THIS ! dr wants me to get ultrasound ...im scared ! just want to run away or hide in a closet and lock the door .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try essential amino acids, multivitamin & multimineral. Look into heavy metal detox. Mineral deficiencies can be harmful- something simple like magnesium deficiency can cause massive illness.

Neck injuries can also cause immune system weakness and exhaustion. A good bodyworker, chiropractor and acupuncturist can help get your body back on track.

Exercise is tough when you've been down and massive weight gain. try some gentle yoga, stretching and walking to start out.

The road back to health is long, so be patient with yourself, empower yourself to take actions to heal yourself. Take lots of hot baths with baking soda and epsoms salts.

• Posted

Hi Lori, usually when TSH is on the low side, its a good indication, especially when your T3 and T4 are on track. So don't be worried about your TSH tanking. When your TSH goes high is when you should be concerned. Also, thyroid medication can cause your TSH levels to decrease.

You could try posting your blood test results here so people can explain them for you.

• Posted

Lori, I think being afraid is one of the worst emotions. I know fear well. What makes it worse for me, is overthinking the issue. Sometimes reading too much about your condition can make things; especially dwelling on the worst case scenario. That always scares you. Try not to be afraid. Your Dr. is doing what he/she thinks will help you.

When a friend told me to try deep breathing & listening to meditation, I thought, Yeah right like thats going to help. The deep breathing does help to control my nervous stomach. Some of the meditations that I find online w/ my cell are pretty good. I stick to just 5 min. sessions, for now.

Please try to be brave & courageous. Its the only alternative to fear. God's Blessings to you.

• Posted

yes when im doing ok i can do that but when im feeling bad and dizzy i just gotta lie in bed and wait for the hours to pass.

its a horrible illness ...there should be a cure already .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.