Just got date for thr number 2 only 3 months after 1st thr!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Full of cold and feeling sorry for myself tonight. Just found out my next thr is in 3 weeks. First one has been brilliant and back at work after 5 weeks but have convinced myself tonight that hip no 2 can't possibly go as well..and hubby is away on business on the day of my op. I do need the second one doing but just having a major panic attack about it tonight 😕

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try to get someone around to be there for you. I can't imagine being on my own at home! You'll need some TLC. X
    • Posted

He will be home when I get home but I think he doesn't really understand what a big op it is. He'd better watch out or I'll swap him for a toyboy once I am fit and agile again...

Take care

Kate x

• Posted

I had a terrible time in hospital and hubby decided to continue his trip. I thought I could be strong and handle it. I didn't want to insist he return home. I was actually very hurt that he wasn't there when I needed him. It changed our relationship for the worse. 8 years after than I broke my knee on the other side of the country and he dropped everything and was at my bedside for 2 weeks solid. He knew. And I knew. I needed him and he proved his worth. Maybe you could tell him this is big for you and ask him to reschedule. But that could be scary too cause if he doesn't it's even worse.

Also I was terrified of the spinal but the surgeon really wanted it. We hit on a compromise - spinal and general without the paralysis. So I knew nothing but he got his spinal. Sounds like overkill but it suited me.

• Posted

Hi Kate! Sorry your full of cold! There are so many people with colds!Hope your second hip hop will go well! Hope you've got care in place for when you come out.And don't rush things.!where are you having it done?I had mine done back in march on the NHS, but in the Nuffield in Woking.They were great.But being my Hubby's full time carer it wasn't easy for me!! Good luck & keep busy & positive! Regards Amanda
  • Posted

You are all so lovely. Friday night. Cold worse but taken medicine and wine so now feeling sleepy. However i did see one comment about sex at 4 weeks and i thought if she can do it, so can i at 9 weeks. Watch out hubby...you may not want to go away after all 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.