Just got Eurolift done and right after urge to go won’t stop

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 days ago I got the Eurolift done. I opted for anesthesia.

Went home with a foley catheter. The next day they removed it but I couldn't void except for thick dried blood and clots in a few dribbles. I had to go back and have another catheter put in. Unfortunately it ran into the weekend..so three more days until the office was open and they removed it today.

At first it came out in a dribble and weak flow. As the day is progressing the urge to go has become strong. The flow is better not all there yet though.

My question is this:

After I pee I immediately feel a very strong urge to go again. This seems to now be non stop and its extremely uncomfortable. Does this get better with time. Is UTI medication (the one that turns your pee orange) any help or do you just have to bare it, get no sleep and suffer with this. Its terrible. Or is this the bladder from the catheter or the uretha being sore or the operation.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this report. Hope things improve soon

My URO keeps suggesting I have one, but the more I hear stories like this it strengthens my resolve to pass.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this report. Hope things improve soon

My URO keeps suggesting I have one, but the more I hear stories like this it strengthens my resolve to pass.

• Posted

I'll keep you posted before you make s final decision. I was going to put it off but I was tired of suffering and not leading a decent life.

• Posted

I think strong urges to pee are typical after any prostate surgery. It should fade after a few days.

• Posted

Thank you for the information. If this helps it will be better then the suffering I've been through or would face.

best regards

• Posted

I think you are having bladder spasms. This should subside. There are some medications for bladder spasm that your doctor should know of.

• Posted

I'm sure the foley being in me for 4 days probably made things worse. Especially since I had to have two last week. I had bad spasms with that damn thing in me.

• Posted

Does sound as if bladder spasms are the issue. I had them for about a week two weeks after urolift.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.