Just got my pathology report from my hysterectomy done May 21 need help reading the medical term

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am new here. I had my hysterectomy done on May 21, Its been a week today. My post opt appointment is not for another week.

I received my pathology report threw my patient portal. There is a few words I don't understand.

My report goes something like this and I have left some parts out. I would just a little more information on the report below

The endometrium scarred and necrotic measuring up  2mm thickness

I think necrotic means rotten tissue

The remainder on myometrium has a trabeculated architecture.

All benign. no fibroids or discolorations identified

Post ablation tubal pain syndrome with hematometra, pelvic pain, cesarean x 3

Laparocopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy.

adhesions in the lower uterine segment

bladder dissected off the lower uterine segment (sounds like problems in the future)

the bowel packed and a interrupted figure of eight suture was placed

Why was my sutured? 

estimated blood loss 200cc

onoriented ecotocercix ( have no clue)

adhesions on lower uterine segment ( adhesions caused by what?) The ablation maybe

Extra information:

After my last c section in 2016, I had a tubal.

My periods where painful, very heavy and made my life miserable.

The summer of 2017 I became very ill. I went to the urgent clinic for UTI symptoms and was told it was yeast or sti put on meds for all. Few days later I was worse. Went back on weekend and all test negative except urine culture. Told to quit taking meds and put on Bactrim. Fast forward I felt sicker and after 3 more Er visit's. I was treated for Pid even after all test negative. My urine culture came back for positive for E coli (no one called me or doctor from the hospital) I did not know until weeks after being treated for Pid.  So I guess I had a really bad Kidney infection and all the antibiotics killed it.

I still had miserable periods and doctor suggest Novasure ablation. No more periods!

So in October 2017 I had it done. I had no periods after, but the pain was worse each month until I could not stand it anymore. I went to many doctors appointment trying to figure out why I was in so much pain. Some of the doctors acted like I was just drug seeking and the pain was just manifested in my head and tested me for std's again. All negative. I felt humiliated and mad. I am a mother of four children. I work and take care of my family, clean my house and cook. A working house wife. Not a drugged out crack whore. I went to my gyn and was tested for uti, which was neg after 2 more trips. I finally get a appointment with the MD who did my ablation. I get there and we go to her office for a TALK.  I felt like I was being sent t the principals office. She then tells me to go on a diet

That I have food allergies causing my inflammation and pain.

I said no don't believe that's my problem. I refused to leave until I have ultrasound done.

They tried to sch 2 weeks out. I held my ground and said no I want one today. 2 hours later she see's the  hematomatra  on the screen. Then  was scheduled for surgery 3 weeks later. I did try to get a different doctor but the surgery wait was even longer. It was the longest 3 weeks of my life. Felt like daily labor pains. I went to the ER because of my pain but they would not do anything because pain does not kill you. I feel like filing suit against this doctor. I feel like I suffered pain mentally and physically. My life was put in danger because the surgery was prolong and I could of become sepsis. After surgery I coded because of tachycardia, fever, high blood pressure. Which pretty much describes sepsis symptoms. I just hope I do not have other medical problems from this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,  I feel so sorry for you.  Please search for another doctor.  What you have been experiencing unbelievable.  You may need to speak with a lawyer as well.  I pray they got everything they were suppose to get during your surgery, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.