Just got open myomectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Got surgery at around 11. Im gona keep it shirt because I'm tired. But if you want you can read it in Olivia's page or comments. My stomach really gurts especially after tge doc touched it. It hursts to breath what am i suppose to do😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭??? I've heard people say passing gas is really hard but mines didn't hurt TILL THE DOC TOUCHED MY STOMACH. i don't want to breath thats how bad it hurts😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😢😢😢. Getting med through iv and also took advil about 20 30 min but it stilll hurt. feek like i havent taken sny paun meds😢😢😢😢😭😭😭. HELP ME ANYBODY😢😢😢😭😭😦

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry your going through this. You will be ok. Did you have a cyst removed how large was it? I hear the pain will subside hang in there.

• Posted

Oh sweety, I'm so sorry. Yes it's going to hurt. The medication that they give you should help though. If it's not helping after they give it to you let them know so that you can get something stronger. The first few days it will hurt to move, but once you start moving it gets easier. Passing gas was like the next day for me. Once they took the catheter out, I was urinating and I pushed myself to get up and walk. The first time you are told to walk will be painful also. I promise you will get through it. I hope you have some support there with you. Please just try to rest. Sending you many wishes to get well soon.

• Posted

Thank you. I feel so lonely here. I'm not sure just fibroids. I had 4 one as big as a canalop that was right in the middle of my uterus which made extremely painful to have sex and heavy bleeding and horrible pains. Also one at the back which they said that wpuld be hard to get. But they would try the laparoscopic myomectomy which i just realized they didn't even try it because i don't have any small insions😠😡😒 . When i told them that i wanted them to atleast try and then they could do the open myomectomy. So livid😢😭😭. I had one the size of a soft ball located at the back that's the one they said would be difficult to reach. Seriously thought i cant belive they didn't try the laparoscopic myomectomy I'm so p****d😡😠. Anyways thanks for answering i really appreciate it🙄

• Posted

Doing the laparoscpoic route will just prolong your surgery and be under general anesthesia longer and the lap incisions are so tiny there is no way for a softball size fibroid to fit through it. I had 24 fibroids. The largest was only 5cm but my OB suggested open myomectomy for just that size. Post op she said she made the right decision of doing open considering i have a lot of tiny other fibroids removed. Manual dexterity was better than using instruments or robots from laparoscopy. 

Try sitting or dangling your legs beside the bed for a few mins before you stand up. Nausea and vomtting are normal side effects of gen anesthesia. You can always ask the nurse for anti emetic. 

• Posted

I had wrote you a book😂😂 but accidently deleted it. I just wanted her to try. That's what we agreed on she would do the laparoscopic myomectomy and if she couldn'tbget the one in the back they would open me. I feel like she choice an easier option her not what her patient wanted and was told. Than she made excuses that i had big ones but we had already talked about that we both knew i had to big ones. But the decision still was try and do laparoscopic myomectomy. Why didn't she try. I wasn't mad or sad that she opened me. What p****d me of is i didn't see any smile incision so you didn't try🤔😒. Than she made another excuse saying we cut their but we had to make it bigger🙍🏾. So basically she made a small cut right a the bikin line what a coincidence🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔. Yes I'm very nauseated and i feel like throwing up but i haven't. So true when u was about to get up i had to sit up for a minute was feeling very dizzy.

• Posted

I had embolization the after is so painful. Your going to experience pain excruciating pain. It is normal. It will pass. Good luck.
  • Posted

My family was here but left after visiting hours. Plus i told my mom to go home so she could get some sleep no point of both of us not sleeping. I told her could i get somthing stronger she said that that was the strongest med but i doubt it because the nurse told me maybe they can get me somthing stronger. So what they gave me is not the strongest medication. I knew i should went somewhere else😩😧😞😕😔. And i cant urinate ater they took the catheter. I feel the need but nothing comes out. Ive tried at least 4 times😔😕🤧. Than the nurse put this inside me to urinate it hurt like hell and hwen she was taking it out felt like i was dying. I'm so rired if this and the pain and i don't won't her to stick that in me again😢😭😭😭😭. And i can't stop crying because the didn't even try the laparoscopic myomectomy. I'm so freaking mad. I dont know what to. I knew i should of went another hospital.

• Posted

Ask the nurse for warm compress. It will stimulate you to pee. Also turn on the faucet. The sound of water will aslso stimulate. Also walking and getting your inside muscles moving will help with voiding and bowel movement. 

Ask the nurse for gas medicine.  Also dont hesitate to take stool softener.

Your pain is most likely from gas. Weve all been there. Mine was not as painful. My boyfriend/nurse was very bossy he pushed me to start standing up the evening of and to walk the next morning of.  Made my recovery faster.

• Posted

Oh man sorry ya they need to listen. I was given I enjections of Percocet much stronger that is redicoulous to go through that much pain.
    • Posted

I know its scary i was in so much pain even though embolization doesn't hurt at first to do procedure . I was constipated almost a week. I had severe cramps threw up. I had cold chills and sweats my neck felt paralyzed I couldn't move it may be due to general anesthesia. I was so scared and cried too. It's such a major thing and it's really scary.

• Posted

Thanks so much. I'm definitely going to ask for a warm compress. Yea I've been walking to the bathroom😂😂😂😑😒 . But my stomach still hurts alot😢😭😭. Thanks so much i asked for the gas medication🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Posted

So sorry to hear this Pam, is it any better at this point? They should not be putting you through this much pain. What hospital are you in? 
    • Posted

Yeah it is but the pain come and goes espacially if i move or have to get up. I'm at ben Tub Harris Health System in Houston, Tx and is staffed by the faculty, residents, and students from Baylor College of Medicine.[1]. I dont know what's going on but all the nurses are residents they don't kniw what they're doing. I've had one that rushed me the fist time i went to the restroom. Than the next nurses did not help me to get up from the bed didn't even offer to help even though they could see i was in pain oh and also my mother noticed the salin was not dripping.The 3rd one had fixed the IV so the salin could drip but left the IV loose and it was dripping like crazy got my gown wet got the floor wet. I have to say this is the worst experience I've ever experienced at the hospital. This will be the last time I'll come here. My mom noticed that my legs and thigs are swollen she said it was like that since yesterday after the surgery but i didn't pay her no mind till tonight.

• Posted

Omg you poor thing. How long did they say you would have to be there? You had surgery today or yesterday? 
    • Posted

Welcome to Houston TX. smile Sorry you had that experience from Ben Taub hospital. I had my surgery also at the medical center (dont want to disclose the name for privacy purposes).  You will get better. Pain is part of every surgery because it involves trauma and surgery involves risks. You will feel better as days go by. smile
    • Posted

They didn't say but i think Tommorw. They're taking of the bandages. So i think Tommorw. I had surgery yesterday around 11am.

• Posted

I understand the pain but these nurses are horrible I've been hospitalized twice at ben tub and the nurses were so nice always asking me was i okay. But these nurses don't give a f**k. You might get one or two nurses that don't care or dont know what they are doing but all the nurses i seen today. I know sometimes theres good days and bad days but come on. I'll accept the nurses but can i alteast get good medication i mean strong medication. I'm just ready to go home were I'll have somebody that well acutually take care of me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.