Just had 2 cataracts done.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for my free eye test and was told I needed two catarcts done. No new glasses at the time but was given a prescription - which was of course of no good whatsoever. Do I get another free eye test when the six weeks have elapsed after the surgery? I will need new glasses then.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you have a good optimologist he may be able to correct your site with the IOL's if you are one of the lucky ones!

• Posted

If you are on an NHS waiting list that will be no problem as they have cut back on surgery. If you have yet to be seen by the NHS. Tell them that you are a driver as that gets you more points towards your surgery.
  • Posted

If you have already had both eyes done, I cannot help you. I live in the US. Very displeased with my results. I will always need a prism. People using NHS can help you more. Good luck!
  • Posted

I live in the US and there are different types of cataract lenses. Some IOL (intra ocular lens) are foldable lenses , multifocal lenses or special materials including silicone, acrylic and PMMA (a type of rigid plastic).

Both of my eyes were fitted with cataracts. It fixed my close and far vision. But I can see people's faces without glasses but to see further out I have eye wear. My cataracts were from ACRY Sof IQ lenses, but I don't know if they are available in the UK. But sometimes my vision becomes blurry.My eye doctor told me since my eyes become dry, it can cause blurry vision, so I use eye drops at that time. Everyone has a different experience when they get cataracts. My vision was so terrible that I could not read a newspaper because everything was gray with no print on the pages. May you have good luck on your cataract surgery

• Posted

John, you said you were fitted with cataracts. You mean they replaced your natural lens, after removing the cataract, with an IOLsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.