Just had 2nd weigh in friday

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone just an update i had my 2nd weigh in friday i have lost another 8lbs so thats a total of 18lbs in 7 weeks!! I feel a bit more confident in myself some days but other days i feel big bloated and fed up of dieting!! Id love to have some fatty food sometimes but im total restricting myself because if i have a treat i wont stop!! So im better off totally doing without anything but wish i just felt more enthusiastic!! Im doing ok with my weight loss but i still feel bad about myself??? Not all the time but im starting to have more bad days then good sad im startin g back at rhe gym with my son tomorrow ive been doing my wii everyday for an hour and a half but feel i need to start increasing my cardio to burn more fat so hopefully ill feel better when i start looking more toned hope everyone is doing well and managing their diet ok im still sticking to 1200 calories a day ive never had confiedence for years and thought losing weight would make ne feel so much better it does id be lying if i said it dosnt help but why am i still have those sinking and failure days sorry guys just letting off steam feeling bit confused good luck everyone xxx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Corinne, you big donut, you have done brilliantly so far. You should be screaming with joy from the rafters. Pat yourself on the back girl and treat yourself to something nice - a new top or bottle of perfume and if you can't afford it, get some cadbury highlights hot chocolate and have a mug of that - it's really chocolaty and satisfying and within the 5g of fat rule and only 38 calories per mug.

Dieting isn't just about losing weight is it? It's about changing your whole mentality about food and about yourself - these bad things and habits you have picked up and been used to for years and years now. These things do not change in 7 weeks honey. These feelings of inadequacy and low self esteem and all the rest will not just disappear as the weight does, you will have to work on your head too and that is the hardest battle. That's harder to achieve and succeed at that losing the weight - which is why so many people pile the weight back on again once they have "finished the diet".

No such thing.

For people like us the diet of healthy eating and exercise is going to have to become part of our life FOR EVER if we don't want to get fat again. And coming to terms with that is part of the "getting your head in the right gear".

I think as you lose more weight you will start to feel better about yourself, but you will have to work on your low self esteem and insecurities as much as the diet and now that you have been on the diet for 7 weeks and have done so well you need to start sorting the head out too. Why don't you invest in some self help books and start keeping one on you and one by the bed at all times. They do work if you take the time to read and absorb them, and do all the little tricks they tell you to. My mum suffered terribly from low self esteem when I was young and I remember it well (she was never fat, always really skinny as lived on her nerves). It got to the point where she couldn't get out the house for 2 years. Anyway, long story short, doctors back then useless prescribed Valium. Valium for effs sake! My dad refused to let her take them and so she went down route of self help books. She beat it all. It took years and a lot of hard work but she overcame it all. She is still quite nervous etc in new situations but she has coping mechanisms and she KNOWS she is a good person and has lots of positives.

The exercise will help. It releases thousands of happy hormones and can become quite addictive like a drug - well actually these happy hormones are a drug released from the brain so makes sense. Anyway, as the exercise and dieting become more automatic and need less thought and planning, it is innevitable that you will start to feel better about yourself, so give yourself a chance - it has only been 7 weeks honey! After however many years of self abuse it will take a bit longer than that to get it all together.

You've let your steam off, you've had a bad day, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on regardless - you are amazing - start telling yourself that 20 times a day EVERY SINGLE DAY.

• Posted

Hi honey omg your like a breath of fresh air!! You always have sound positive advice!! You should seriously become a support advice worker your very good 😀 yes definatley had a bad day and your right i lack confidence and gave a very low sense of self esteem i think because i had gained weight i havnt been out socially for 3 years!! And now everytime i see people and they praise me saying how well i look and how goid im doing i dont take it too good! I keep thinking they are not really meaning what they say probably years of self loathing so i might take up ur advice go to the library and get some self help books its definatley not just losing weight its changing your way of thinking too x so thank you for thar i really appreciate your advice xx ive been the gym forced myself to go public lol and felt better after i had been so may go back tomorrow smile how are you doing? Are you managing ok with your loss xx ill def try the option drinks they sound really nice! Thank you for making me realise im being silly and should be pleased with my progress i just need to work on my self esteem lol take care honey your a star!!! Xxx
    • Posted

I don't suffer with low self esteem - with you giving me such lovely compliments how could I possibly? Ha Ha.

Blimey, well done on the going public bit at the gym - I would not dare. That is very brave - see, you get an extra gold star for doing something so brave and positive AND you enjoyed it. Make a chart and stick it on the wall/fridge - wherever - just make it accessible and get some gold and silver stars. Everyday, give yourself gold and silver stars for every single thing you do that is positive - silver for positive things you do around the house, with family, day to day life, and gold for the things you do out of the ordinary (such as smile and talk to the shop assistant, help a lady cross the road, go public at the gym ((actually that deserves 2 gold stars)), walk into the supermarket with your head held high etc etc). This was one of my mum's tricks and I'm telling you, at the end of the month when you see ALLLLLLLL those silver and gold stars you WILL be patting yourself on the back and if not starting to think "what a great person I am" you will certainly be starting to think "I am as good as anyone and deserve to be happy".

As for me, tis going well. The weight doesn't come down very quickly but I am certainly losing inches and toning up so all good. I do lots of cycling, I eat well 97% of the time and I feel soooo much better both in body and mind than I did 3 months ago. Believe me, I still beat myself up on occassion but I am working on when that happens I pick myself up, get over it, and carry on. In the past I have been inclined to dwell and go into the doldrums for several days, but I am working very hard at stopping this downwards spiral and just shaking it out of me and getting on - by thinking of the positives and I keep saying to myself over and over "no matter how much I want to eat a macdonalds/cake/whatever, it never EVER tastes as good as losing weight feels". That's my mantra. (Again, one of my mum's coping mechanisms when she was struggling to get over Agoraphobia and other low self esteem issues - have these little pep mantra's that you can repeat to yourself - it tricks the brain and you do eventually start to believe what you are saying).

I too suffer with body dysmorphia - always have done even when I was skinny. But I am learning to get the head into the right gear, put it all into perspective and live with, and accept happily, who I am. Takes a lot of effort and there have been times in the past when I have given into the bad feelings and gone into the right doldrums, but I really really believe the exercise helps me. It makes me feel so good and proud of myself that it really does push the negative thoughts aside. It's a mad way to go on, these negative feeling about ourselves. In my wisdom (ha ha, what a laugh) I firmly believe all fat people suffer with low self esteem and confidence issues. That is why they eat and get fat - a way of hiding - even though it is a double negative and makes you actually feel worse about yourself. It is the same with any of these eating disorders and other self harming - all the people lack self esteem and confidence. That is the bottom line. And as I said to you earlier, no amount of dieting is going to make it better UNTIL the head gets sorted. The head has to have the biggest effort, and the lifelong effort, because once you can put your thoughts and fears into perspective and find coping mechanisms you won't ever be truly happy or get over these self harm issues.

Cor blimey, I've worn myself out with these deep words of widsom. The bottom line Corinne, carry on doing what you are doing as you are doing great. And so am I.

Speak soon honey. X

• Posted

P.S meant to ask, how is that leg of yours doing?
    • Posted

Awww thank you so much x great words of wisdom not surprised tou have worn yourself out!! Your a great help thank you ill try your advice see how it works out x i used to be very out going and sociable very slim and confident then i went down hill after staying indoors so long it was easier putting jeans and a sloppy jumper hiding lumps and bumps and comfort eating ill get back there in time yes it was a very big step going to the gym i must admit im in two minds at min about going back but i will try hard x thank you so much your doung great and you sound so positive and confident well done you xxx thank you for your advice i really appreciate it keep in touch hunny take care xxx
    • Posted

Oh its much better thank you touch wood x memory not great tho lol hope ur well thanks for asking xx
  • Posted

well done, wow what a great loss.  I hope i can lose that much i started last monday. Can you please advise me on a typical days food that you have been having?
    • Posted

Hi oh thank you so much i really appreciate your comment x i start of my day with 1 slice of wholemeal toast with extra light laughing cow cheese spread on (130calories) mid morning ill have an apple for lunch ive been have mixed salad and john west mackeral with a twist either line & chilli or honey & barbaque very low fat low calories but full of protien mid afternoon couple of crispbread with cheese spread on then evening jacket potatoe no butter steamed veg or rice grilled prawns or chicken breast or turkey steaks. I make pasta whole wheat variety with either soya mince or extra lean mince meat i use low fat dolmio sauce its great add some chopped tomatoes mushrooms and peppers makes it more filling lol or skinny soups from asda the fresh ones add to them a steam fresh bag of veg makes it much more filling i love aldi pea and ham soup with steamed veg in very tasty! Theres lots of things to make its just finding the right low fat variety i have the little frut cocktail pots from aldi or asda muller chocolate fix deserts asda caramel rice cakes also aldi now do jelly pots with peaches they nice too!!! I make quorn chilli fill it with peppers and mushrooms have it with brown rice or over a jacket potatoe some mornings if im hungry i have matherssons turkey rashers just 2 grilled with the sandwich thins or 2 grilled quorn sausages with the sandwich thins there quite nice lots of protien low fat i stick to 1200 calories a day hope this helps hunny theres lots of lovely people on here with great advice keep in touch if you need any more and goid luck your doing brilliant xxx
    • Posted

thank you for this i really appreciate it, ive been reading that tablet doesnt help everyone and was getting paranoid that it isnt working for me.

compared to what i ate before im being an angel now so fingers crossed.

well done once again.

• Posted

Your very welcome hope it helped you a bit keep in touch xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.