Just had a call from dwp..regarding my application for pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went for my pip reassessment at the end of June 2016....had a call today from dwp and the guy from dwp has told me that I am entitled to more money...I have the enhanced rate of every day living...so now I am entitled to enhanced rate of mobility....I am very happy now...I had 2 major strokes and my main artery in my neck operated on too....so good luck to everybody else who are waiting...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I got my PIPS assessnment on 4/8/16 and a decision was made on 17/8/16 and I am waiting on the decision letter. I have brain issues, chronicback pain, mental health issues with suicidal thouyghts. Do you think I will qualify. They won't tell me the decision over the phone

• Posted

How Ewing

dont know if you would qualify but they told me over the phone a week before I got the letter , so that doesn't seem fair.

good luck with it

• Posted

I have mental health issues too...but I won my appeal in January 2016 but only got enhanced rate on every day living..n standard rate mobility...but since then I have had 2 full blown strokes and my main artery in my neck operated on...so that's why they told me I'm entitled to more money as I cannot feel anything on my right side of my leg n arm

• Posted

Hello Ewing,

like Nicolette, I was given the decision over the telephone, so I think that's really mean if they won't tell you.  

Everything crossed. x

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

I'm pleased that you are entitled to more money, but I'm really sorry to hear that your health is so bad.  I think that a lot of us who receive a benefit would rather have our health back x

• Posted

Yes I would rather have my health back...it's so frustrating not being able to do the things I used to be able to do.....but I'm still breathing..n not pushing up daisy's....as if I didn't have this operation on my neck then I could have died....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.