Just had a colonoscopy and won't ever have another

Posted , 6 users are following.

Tuesday this week I too had this test done. What utter rubbish about how it doesn't hurt and you won't remember it. I screamed the place down for a full hour whilst I was brutalised from inside. My meds were topped up during the nightmare, but didn't work. I checked on the potency of Fentanyl and found it to be 10 times that of morphine. Well, having had my fair dose of morphine recently, I can say that this drug had no affect on me whatsoever. Two days later and I am still feeling bruising to my stomach. I wish I had read all of these comments, I would have declined it. For some reason, I felt unsure about this test, but told myself not to be stupid. Having just recovered from a very bad riding accident with a colapsed lung, broken back, arm and shoulder and 13 rib breaks, not to mention torn shoulder ligaments, I am no stranger to pain. This however, was a whole different ball game. Never, never, never again. Anyone considering going through this, ask to be given full anaesthesia. My test was done at the RBH in case you're considering it. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry about what happened to you Shelly. Something must have gone wrong. Maybe the doc forgot the pain medication ? I had 2 colonoscopies and they were not painful at all. The first one 5 years ago and I was half awake throughout. The second one was 2 days ago (Wednesday) and I was knocked out completely. Both times they found 2 polyps so I am glad I had them done.

Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.