Just had a cystoscopy performed an hour and a half ago.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I thought I'd share my experience..

By far, the worst part was my anxiety. The procedure begins with inserting of a lubricating gel which is not fun, a bitstingy for a few seconds, not painful, but very odd sensation. The scope is the inserted, this does not hurt, there was s a bit of cramping sensation when the scope passes through the bladder sphincter, once again lasting about 2 or 3 seconds. One the scope is in the bladder there is no painful sensation, only a feeling there is something there. A saline solution is then injected thru the scope, feels like the need to urinate, a quick look around, and the scope is removed...All done.

I just urinated for the first time since the procedure, no blood, no stinging.

All in all not a horrible experience, but as i mentioned the worst part in mental!

I hope this helps anyone who is worried about getting this done.

My results were all good!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thanks for sharing your experience.

I have to do one next week and I am very nervous.

can i ask you why you had the cystoscopy?

I am very worried that my result will be bad 😔

• Posted

Hey Ian, not sure if youll see this, but im glad everything went well for you! i had irratation about 4 years ago in my top half of my urethra below the glands and i basically think it was due to masterbation and i wasnt using lube, but anyway i went to see a urologist at the time and he was ok not the greatest but i was 21 then and didnt know much about procedures and the long term affects, but i told him my symptoms and he gave me some pills and told me to come back if it persists, which it did and i went back and got a cystoscopy and everything turned out great at the time actually he only said he saw slight irratation but that was it, well fast forward almost 4 years ago now and ive still masterbated sometimes with lube but a majority of the time without it and the problem came back but this time it burns when i pee in the morning then goes away then throughout the day its fine when i drink water then when i sleep and wake up the process repeats, i have a weak stream in the morning but when hydrated its mostly strong, so what im getting at is cystoscopy are known to cause scar tissue in urethra and i think i may have got it from the four years ago when i had it, im seeing another urologist next week actually about it and im sure hell run the evasive test, and frim what i see is surgery is the only way to potentially cure it which im skeptical about as well, but i guess what im trying to say is cathaters, cystoscopies are not really safe because it can cause long term affects, for anyone considering getting one really consider it because i myself may have one because of the procedure 4 years ago, even if its one time it can cause harm, i dont want to scare evryone though it doesnt happen to everyone im just saying its a high possibility, its fine its drawn me closer to jesus christ whos my personal lord and savior and its teaching me that i should have never masterbated in the first place and waited on my wife to come along but we all learn these things along the way, i love you guys and i am only telling you the truth from what is happening to me currently, god bless everyone!

• Posted

Hey Ian, not sure if youll see this, but im glad everything went well for you! i had irratation about 4 years ago in my top half of my urethra below the glands and i basically think it was due to masterbation and i wasnt using lube, but anyway i went to see a urologist at the time and he was ok not the greatest but i was 21 then and didnt know much about procedures and the long term affects, but i told him my symptoms and he gave me some pills and told me to come back if it persists, which it did and i went back and got a cystoscopy and everything turned out great at the time actually he only said he saw slight irratation but that was it, well fast forward almost 4 years ago now and ive still masterbated sometimes with lube but a majority of the time without it and the problem came back but this time it burns when i pee in the morning then goes away then throughout the day its fine when i drink water then when i sleep and wake up the process repeats, i have a weak stream in the morning but when hydrated its mostly strong, so what im getting at is cystoscopy are known to cause scar tissue in urethra and i think i may have got it from the four years ago when i had it, im seeing another urologist next week actually about it and im sure hell run the evasive test, and frim what i see is surgery is the only way to potentially cure it which im skeptical about as well, but i guess what im trying to say is cathaters, cystoscopies are not really safe because it can cause long term affects, for anyone considering getting one really consider it because i myself may have one because of the procedure 4 years ago, even if its one time it can cause harm, i dont want to scare evryone though it doesnt happen to everyone im just saying its a high possibility, its fine its drawn me closer to jesus christ whos my personal lord and savior and its teaching me that i should have never masterbated in the first place and waited on my wife to come along but we all learn these things along the way, i love you guys and i am only telling you the truth from what is happening to me currently, god bless everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.