Just Had a PSA of 9.0 Yikes!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just had my first PSA test in two years and threw a 9. Usually in the .02 range. Took a follow up blood test and waiting for results. Very anxious. I'm 67 and in otherwise excellent health. Any advice humbly accepted and grateful.

jack

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

John,

1 year ago I had a PSA of 7.55 but it got there more slowly. I got a 3T mpMRI, (3Tesla multiparametric MRI), and had the images examined by an expert at Stanford University. They did not find anything significant in the images, so I went on watchful waiting with PSA tests at 3 month intervals. My next PSA was 5.5 and another at 6.1.

I hope things work out well,

Thomas

• Posted

The key is not the PSA number, but the trend.

What were your two prior PSA results and when were they?

• Posted

The psa level test is just an indicator and several factors can vary it, it could be prostatitis or simple ejaculation. But go get your prostate checked you never know.

• Posted

Hello John.

I have BHP, ie an enlarged prostate and so it is epected to have a higher PSA reading.

Mine was about 6 five years ago after BPH diagnosis,

It is now 10.6 so Im a bit worried, the GP said "expected result"!

Im wondering what to do next?

What blood test did they do for you and what was the result?

I think we both need to rule out Cancer just in case!

Regards

Jeremy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.