just had a total flareup which has lasted for a week

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a HH for about 2 years now but this is the worst yet still feeling run down and washed out, I am so glad to have found this forum you have no idea how it has helped me because you don't realize that so many people are suffering also,I have literally stopped eating frightened that I will experience the pain again if anyone can suggest what to eat and drink for the best i will be really grateful for the help and advice,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia, I totally get what you are going through.i was diagnosed this jan .the ppis don’t always work for me.Are you taking them for your hh.mine seems to be mechanical rather than food related.Im a very active person like Pilates and gardening.which seem to aggravate this condition and when it flares up it can be very painful and stressful.im on holiday for two weeks away abroad  and it’s the best I’ve felt no pain or discomfort at all.so no housework or activities only lots of walking..So doing nothing could be the best treatment,but life isn’t quit that simple is it!,, But I have been drinking kefir and eating live Greek yogurt every day this holiday as I had read that it helps.well it must of helped me too.I drink the kefir before goin too bed and eat yogurt anytime during the day.Also I’ve taking probiotics for a month too as that also is supposed to help.Hopefully this may help you too.But it’s an awful condition to have.take care .
    • Posted

Thank you franbrew for getting back to me I am only taking Gaviston just now which helps a bit but seeing doctor tomorrow, was on emp, last year but I felt it did not help me so I will see what they say tomorrow but thanks again and you take care as well.

• Posted

Hi Julia! I totally understand what you are going through as I suffer from the same condition as well.

I had a rough time last month and I am currently on ezomeprazole 40 mg and I take plain yoghurt as well. I am feeling much better but I get the occasional burning under the left rib and pain. Try going on a bland diet for a week and see how you feel.

Like franbrew I think my hh is mechanical too and not food related as I kept a good diary for over a month and did not find any possible trigger foods or drinks.

At times I eat what s supposedly irritate it but I am just fine and other times I will be on a bland diet and have a flare up.

It's all so confusing to me.

I was diagnosed earlier this year and I still am struggling.

Feel better!

• Posted

Thank you Christelle 51966 for your reply, was at doctors on Tuesday 2/10/18 and was given Omeprazole to take 20mg twice a day, not happy to be taking this again but the pain was severe this time and would have taken anything if it was going to even be slightly less painful.   I too get this pain under the left rib and it can be uncomfortable especially if it moves to the back, I am still feeling a bit rough from my flare up but the pain is easing, I am now watching what I eat and not eating as much as I did in the past,still on the fence though about it being food related but starting to agree as one day certain foods are ok and other days they come back at you, I am determined not to let it get me down, please take care and I wish you all the best. 
    • Posted

Thanks Julia. I Wish US all the best. It's definetly not a easy journey but we should fight together.

It's good to know we are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.